Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megajolt mapping
bikecarbfred

posted on 20/6/21 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Megajolt mapping

AFH 1.6 16V on bike carbs

Done 500 miles on a stock megjolt map. Engine running great.Air fuel ration spot on. Knock sensor KS3 working great.from 10 to 40 gradual increase with rpm.no knocking.

If you look at map after 4k it is heavly retarted. It should be going up to atleast 31 gradually.
I have performance cams also.

Would it be safe to sort it my self from 60% load onwards following the PATTERN gradualy increase to 31 at 100 load 6500 rpm.

I willput a 6.5K limiter on it.

rolling roads arent interested in megajolt tuning.

my first polo map was around 31 at top end. i know lads who have it on 34 but they say that is the max you can go.

I have alot of faith in this ks3 knock sensor. its awesome.

chillis

posted on 20/6/21 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
what compression ratio and fuel are you running? 31 sounds a lot. most engines these days barely get past 20 deg. The less advance the better if it still makes the power, but that depends on how fast the combustion is. Dinosour Pinto engines often need close to 40 deg as the combustion is painfully slow but with such high advance angle your wasting energy compressing an expanding gas so losing power.

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

bikecarbfred

posted on 20/6/21 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chillis
what compression ratio and fuel are you running? 31 sounds a lot. most engines these days barely get past 20 deg. The less advance the better if it still makes the power, but that depends on how fast the combustion is. Dinosour Pinto engines often need close to 40 deg as the combustion is painfully slow but with such high advance angle your wasting energy compressing an expanding gas so losing power.

11.5 CR & 99 octane

snapper

posted on 22/6/21 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like the knock sensor is doing it’s job but it’s better to have the map correct and the knock sensor for rare knock events.
Can you see knock in the software? Or hear it? If so you could adjust map based on knock and pull back a couple of degrees for safety.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

bikecarbfred

posted on 22/6/21 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
So 10-40 is gradual increase with rpm.
10 is like idle and 40 is up to around 5500rpm. not took it any further.

Apparently when knock occurs you get a spike so it can be 60-80.

Like a spike. Sudden jump.

Thats how KS3 phormula knock sensor works.

bikecarbfred

posted on 26/6/21 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
MY new map which I will be trying later. Any tips?
got the knock sensor and afr gauge all ready working great. sorry for the brightness; edit: 6500 rpm rev limit

[Edited on 26/6/21 by bikecarbfred]

bikecarbfred

posted on 27/6/21 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
It went well. sounded great ;engine opening up breathing properly , a nice roar. knock sensor reading the same outputs as previous map.

I am thinking to advance a certain area ;

my first map that was done on a dyno was mostly 33, 34,and 35's so I know im taking it easy but only different with this engine is the compression has been raised from10:5:1 to 11:1 (1.4 to 1.6 litre conversion and have performance cams so thats why I have gone to 31 at maximum.

Maybe when I have done some more testing I can take it further?

cliftyhanger

posted on 30/6/21 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
It is often mid range revs, with light throttle, that need extra advance as the lean cruise mixture is slower burning.

Also having high advance at zero throttle opening is a waste, and usually is kept low so revs drop faster when you take your foot off the accelerator.

Just my 2p.

But tuners often ignore most of the map, just looking at WOT, when you rarely use WOT in real life. But spend half your life at 20% TPS actually going places where you can use WOT

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.