Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4 Prong binder
JC

posted on 29/6/21 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
4 Prong binder

Hi all - I'm sure someone will know what I'm talking about - I just can't work out what to google!

I need a binder for an A4 document with 4 holes. The ones I want are hard card / board and have 4 straight prongs. 2 are attached to the binder and 2 come off attached a flat strip when you push a release on the end of the strip - leaving the loose sheets held in place by the 2 prongs attached to the binder........

The result is a thick document that is held square in the binder.

HELP!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sheepish0001

posted on 29/6/21 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Is this just a 4 ring binder?

https://www.consortiumeducation.com/a4-4-ring-65mm-presentation-ring-binder?gclid=CjwKCAjwieuGBhAsEiwA1Ly_nY4IjX1k6atN0j5IsZup_7VOMFq5rLv9gteqMic6u9v8 OCiF3AsgURoC9rEQAvD_BwE

Something like that?

Toys2

posted on 29/6/21 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
I think that they call them Lever Arch Files, but I can't find a 4 hole version, just the ring binder type as shown above
JC

posted on 29/6/21 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
What I'm looking for is like this.... but in a folder!

https://www.printfinishingsuperstore.co.uk/gbc-velobind-a4-binding-strip-spines-navy-blue-75mm--s1-12-prong---9741003tn-4682-p.asp

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 29/6/21 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
You may have specific reasons for wanting/needing to file paper documents. For me at home and at work I do my level best to avoid this and store/view documents eletronically.

Wherever possible I save my own documents to my personal cloud (web viewable) and work documents to my work cloud (web viewable). I then use phone, tablet or if necessary laptop to view the documents. I also have a Google Drive account which allows me to store a few documents to take with me and view off line as and when I need to.

Work asked why I was chucking out x 4 drawer filing cabinets a while back. When I told them all the docs were stored on the servers/cloud and the filing cabinets were empty I was given a hand to shift them.

In summary - get paperless!

James

posted on 29/6/21 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205

Haha! I wish it was that easy!

In my office they recently forced us to a cloud-based computer. This included taking away Outlook and forcing us to use a slow and under-developed web tool on a Domino server. The new one can't view your old .pst. Also, unless you specifically archive e-mail it is deleted after 60 days. The archiving process is so cumbersome it takes ages to save individual e-mail (each of which have to be assigned a retention period) so you just dump the entire inbox into the archive- without deleting the spam. So many people print everything out!

As for normal files- these also get deleted unless individually assigned a retention period. For longer than 5 years you have to get managerial approval to save it. As a result- people print everything!

My colleague in Facilities has just been told to produce 3 years of taxi expenses for the company. Fortunately he has a 5' tall stack of paper he can go through and scan in!

Sheers madness!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

adampage

posted on 29/6/21 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Would this work?

Not quite the same but i used to use these at work for binding documents but within a cardboard file....

https://www.paperstone.co.uk/filing-archiving/manilla-folders-files/transfer-spring-files/q-connect-transfer-pocket-files-300gsm-foolscap-green-pack-o f-25/p-75072?p1=CcSVYDqpBUY1&gclid=CjwKCAjwieuGBhAsEiwA1Ly_nW1de87oeUVlHLob1EmqcI2nnLEJ0QNX-icWMFyFzxEOTiHr5-sBYBoCb78QAvD_BwE

Good luck!

JC

posted on 29/6/21 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
@nick - its to store the pages for an aircraft technical log - for a lot of complex reasons we aren't approved paperless on it yet

@Adam - the link is broken but thanks - I'll use that to look!

nick205

posted on 29/6/21 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JC
@nick - its to store the pages for an aircraft technical log - for a lot of complex reasons we aren't approved paperless on it yet

Understood - every situation is different and has reasons behind it.

nick205

posted on 29/6/21 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by nick205

Haha! I wish it was that easy!

In my office they recently forced us to a cloud-based computer. This included taking away Outlook and forcing us to use a slow and under-developed web tool on a Domino server. The new one can't view your old .pst. Also, unless you specifically archive e-mail it is deleted after 60 days. The archiving process is so cumbersome it takes ages to save individual e-mail (each of which have to be assigned a retention period) so you just dump the entire inbox into the archive- without deleting the spam. So many people print everything out!

As for normal files- these also get deleted unless individually assigned a retention period. For longer than 5 years you have to get managerial approval to save it. As a result- people print everything!

My colleague in Facilities has just been told to produce 3 years of taxi expenses for the company. Fortunately he has a 5' tall stack of paper he can go through and scan in!

Sheers madness!!!

At work we moved a couple of years ago from in-house Microsoft Outlook on an in-house server to Outlook 365 (Microsoft cloud based) email. No issues so far with email archiving etc. It may be that Microsoft have it sorted to work as people want/need it to work.

We did get bombarbed with Microsoft adverts trying to persuade us to switch to full Windows and Office 365, but they've given up with that now.

SteveWalker

posted on 29/6/21 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Another option is to print to pdf and save the pdfs somewhere safe.
adampage

posted on 30/6/21 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, my link broke...

Try this one:
https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/guildhall-transfer-spiral-pocket-file-315gsm-foolscap-mauve-25-pack-34/5016196253392.html

Or google for "foolscap transfer pocket file" or "spiral pocket file" seems to do the trick, hope it works!

geoff shep

posted on 30/6/21 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JC
Hi all - I'm sure someone will know what I'm talking about - I just can't work out what to google!

I know what you mean - but I have no idea what they are called! Tried searching for everything but no joy - like this (ish):

JC

posted on 1/7/21 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Thats exactly what I mean!
geoff shep

posted on 1/7/21 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
The hours I spent doing amendments to documents secured like that!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.