Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Coolant hoses.
swanny

posted on 30/6/21 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Coolant hoses.

Could anyone recommend a good source of coolant hoses?

Im wanting to go through the car (or find some to do it for me!) and replace old hoses to try and prevent future issues, but don't know where to start.

I guess a good place would be a comprehensive list of available sizes and then I could see what is available off the shelf

Paul

nick205

posted on 30/6/21 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
There's pricey ones you can buy in different lengths, diameters and bends etc. SAMCO is a name that springs to mind.

Myself I found my local motor factors pretty helpful when building my MK Indy. I'd describe (often with a sketh) what I was looking for and a chap there would pick through there books and find the closest bits from tin tops that did the job for me.

Using proper hose clamps instead of Jubilee type clips also helps. You getter a better seal between the hose and the part you're joining to.

jps

posted on 1/7/21 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
There's pricey ones you can buy in different lengths, diameters and bends etc. SAMCO is a name that springs to mind.

Myself I found my local motor factors pretty helpful when building my MK Indy. I'd describe (often with a sketh) what I was looking for and a chap there would pick through there books and find the closest bits from tin tops that did the job for me.

Using proper hose clamps instead of Jubilee type clips also helps. You getter a better seal between the hose and the part you're joining to.

Good to know that's a possibility. Was it roughly possible to do it all with 90deg bends and straight lengths of alu tubing, or did you actually use rubber (i assume that's what it is) hosing for full runs from one part to another?

40inches

posted on 1/7/21 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
I used ASH for my hoses, very good quality.
Description
Description

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/autosiliconehosesoutlet?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

[Edited on 1-7-21 by 40inches]

James

posted on 1/7/21 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
I bought silicon hose bends from Rally Design (mainly because they were fashionable! ) and used them to connect stainless pipes.

[Edited on 1/7/21 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

simon04

posted on 11/7/21 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
I used ASH on my engine swap
fitted well
supplied quickly
choice of colours
plenty of size options and accessories

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.