Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stoneleigh
Myke 2463

posted on 29/8/21 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Stoneleigh

To all who have attended this year what did you think and any suggestions to improve ? nothing to do with me just askin out od interested.

Be Lucky Mike.

adithorp

posted on 29/8/21 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Several comments here already...
https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=218761

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

big_wasa

posted on 30/8/21 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
It was good to see you and catch up Myke and once again a big thanks to the East Anglia Kitcar club for letting me tag along. It made the day for me driving into the show in convoy.

“Well I went Sunday. I had a wonder about. A chat with a few old faces and a few new. I enjoyed getting out, I enjoyed driving into the show in convoy.

Would I drive the 220 mile ( inc a detour ) round trip in a kit next year for what there was this year, maybe not. But I would give Newark another go being much nearer.

I also would not take the family in a tin top. A family of four at the on the gate price for what there was I would have been extremely peeved.

Parts wise I couldn’t find the one very simple thing that I wanted “

JC

posted on 31/8/21 at 05:54 AM Reply With Quote
Well my idea isn’t about improving Stoneleigh, it’s about making something different.

Something based at a hill climb venue, like a mini festival of speed! At various points in the day/weekend there could be a ‘run what you brung’, a moving motor show and a king of the hill challenge to add some serious action. I think that making the event more interactive is the way ahead.

That’s not saying there isn’t a place for a static show like Stoneleigh - just that for the last 2 years I’ve been it’s failed to achieve ‘critical mass’ of stalls, manufacturers and clubs.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.