Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford Cortina
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 6/10/21 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Ford Cortina

Lovely looking Ford Cortina, with these cars getting rare now, seems a bit of a bargain.
Absolutely nothing to do with me.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/946526772742895/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=b rowse_serp%3Ae1005176-5c70-48c9-9e38-857ee614d873

russbost

posted on 6/10/21 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Registered as a Cortina & MoT expired in 2013 - interesting wedding business this guy has!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
gremlin1234

posted on 6/10/21 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Registered as a Cortina & MoT expired in 2013

but it is tax and mot exempt... (the original car would be, this isn't)
ps would fail an mot since one of the rear reflectors has fallen off

theconrodkid

posted on 6/10/21 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
oh dear

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

jacko

posted on 6/10/21 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
2.2 pinto ? I think not
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 6/10/21 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Well tbh this car is a Locust, a very old kit with wooden bodywork from the 1980's and before the SVA far less the IVA so I'm not judging. Things were a lot easier in those days to get on the road.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
myke pocock

posted on 6/10/21 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Regardless of age it should be stated on the V5 as what it is now, not what it was.
Mr Whippy

posted on 7/10/21 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
Regardless of age it should be stated on the V5 as what it is now, not what it was.

It doesn't work that way. In the past when it was built and put on the road (mind this kit is something like 36 years old), keeping it called a Cortina would have been quite easy. For the DLVA's purposes there's nothing wrong with the cars current registration, it is what it is. It's only now that would be impossible.

[Edited on 7/10/21 by Mr Whippy]

russbost

posted on 7/10/21 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:

It doesn't work that way. In the past when it was built and put on the road (mind this kit is something like 36 years old), keeping it called a Cortina would have been quite easy. For the DLVA's purposes there's nothing wrong with the cars current registration, it is what it is. It's only now that would be impossible.

I disagree, yes back in the day all you needed was an MoT & possibly an engineers report, but when submitting info to DVLA you would still have let them know of a change of body style, if the V5 read Cortina Sports I'd be inclined to believe it. I'd be prepared to bet good money that if you researched the history of this it's simply a rusted out Cortina has had the V5 used literally for the reg. no which has been put on something that had no chance of getting an SVA or IVA - I could be wrong, but strongly doubt it

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
pmc_3

posted on 7/10/21 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:

There was an amnesty period some years back where older kit cars that had been on the road for years could have the details corrected by the DVLA. All kit cars these days should have the correct details on the v5 and if they don't they need to go through IVA and be re-registered.

myke pocock

posted on 7/10/21 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Mr Whippy, you are wrong I am afraid. All vehicles must be on the V5 now as what they are not what they were. I got my JC Midge name changed to JC Midge from Triumph Vitesse when the amnesty was on. That was many years go. Some MOT stations may turn a blind eye to the name but my understanding is that things are getting very tight now. Buyer beware.
perksy

posted on 7/10/21 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
I remember pushing my dads Mk1 Cortina and it never looked like that
Mr Whippy

posted on 8/10/21 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Mr Whippy, you are wrong I am afraid. All vehicles must be on the V5 now as what they are not what they were. I got my JC Midge name changed to JC Midge from Triumph Vitesse when the amnesty was on. That was many years go. Some MOT stations may turn a blind eye to the name but my understanding is that things are getting very tight now. Buyer beware.

1968, should not even need an MOT now being well over the 40 year requirement, no tax and cheap insurance.

This is a very old car that has been around in that form for many decades. Ok it might not be quite right in the DVLA's crappy full of mistakes database, but its doing no harm to anyone. Seriously we're like a bunch of nit picking granny's sometimes. This is not someone trying to avoid the IVA test and I hope whoever bought it has a great time and hopefully looks after it well.

myke pocock

posted on 8/10/21 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Statement of fact Mr Whippy, not nit picking. If you want to advise someone of your opinion then so be it but buyer beware if they accept it as I have said. Dont shoot the messenger.

[Edited on 8/10/21 by myke pocock]

ReMan

posted on 8/10/21 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Seriously we're like a bunch of nit picking granny's sometimes.

Lots of practice on facebook theses days

[Edited on 8/10/21 by ReMan]

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.