Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4 point harnesses
wonderfulweasel

posted on 6/1/22 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
4 point harnesses

What’s the go-to on harnesses nowadays? Sadly, Titon are no longer made. TRS from Kit Spares tighten down towards the floor.

I need bolt in and the lap belts to pull upwards to tighten. As ever good value / locost!

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Fred W B

posted on 6/1/22 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
The very helpful chaps at Merlin Motorsport at Castle Combe, Wiltshire got TRS to make a set exactly to my spec as below:

FIA Seat Belts for use in a 7 style car, one particular requirement being that the lap belts need to have the adjustment on the buckle end of the straps, and not on the attachment end. I also prefer bolt in, rather than snap hook fittings.

Highly recommended, Email
Sales@MerlinMotorsport.co.uk

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 6/1/22 by Fred W B]

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

Mike Wood

posted on 7/1/22 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

In Nov 2021 it looked like Titon belts were still available direct from the manufacturers, Prima Motorsport in Poole:

https://www.primamotorsport.com/

https://www.primamotorsport.com/prima_motorsport_products/prima_motorsport_products.html

Are Prima Motorsport no more?

Cheers
Mike

[Edited on 7/1/22 by Mike Wood]

wonderfulweasel

posted on 7/1/22 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Prima are still around, but they no longer make the Titon harnesses. I spoke to them earlier this week, apparently they stopped making them a couple of years ago.
nick205

posted on 7/1/22 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Fitted Sabelt 4 point bolt in harnesses in my MK Indy, with a seat-belt puch realese type bukle. Don't recall the cost, but they worked well and were easy to get in/out of and adjust.

Keep in mind once you're harnessed in properly tight it restricts your reach to the dashboard. Plan your dashboard switch placement so you can still reach things!

I had a rear fog light switch and choke pull right by the steering column. My horn was wired into the washer jet push switch on the end of the Sierra stalk - that's it.

[Edited on 7/1/22 by nick205]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.