Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Komoot - anyone use it for MTB cross country routes?
nick205

posted on 21/1/22 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Komoot - anyone use it for MTB cross country routes?

Komoot app

Anyone using it for MTB cross country routes?

Do you use it on your phone, Garmin or something else?

Reviews?

ianhurley20

posted on 22/1/22 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
I have tried it on my phone although having studied the route before stopped using the live location data at all. I've found some very interesting places as well, but, it will often route your mountain bike on places where you should not be riding it, footpaths etc. As a result I now use it as general advice of destinations at home before setting out rather than by phone on the bike. I have not paid for extra coverage just for my local area which is not the whole county but just a much smaller part of it. After subscribing to one local area (free) I had several offers of worldwide coverage from Komoot at a very much reduced price from the normal rate.

nick205

posted on 22/1/22 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Interesting and thanks. I've already installed on my phone and subscribed to my county only. Looking at routes I know it does appears to stick to places you can cycle. I'd certainly check before setting of from home though and avoid unsuitable places when cycling.

I used the free Strava for a while, but they retracted their offerings and demanded more and more subscriptions so I gave up.

Simon

posted on 25/1/22 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
I have it on my phone and have plotted a few routes from 20 - 30 miles away. The idea was to get the train to the start point and ride back - then I saw how much train tickets were

Not too worried about riding footpaths tbh (do quite a lot), just have to treat some ramblers with kid gloves.

nick205

posted on 26/1/22 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
I have it on my phone and have plotted a few routes from 20 - 30 miles away. The idea was to get the train to the start point and ride back - then I saw how much train tickets were

Not too worried about riding footpaths tbh (do quite a lot), just have to treat some ramblers with kid gloves.

Train fares - agreed they're expensive
However, I have epilepsy, which gives me a disabled railcard so 1/3 off train fares.
1. I have to train commute to work so it helps.
2. If I have to train for personal travel it helps.

Footpaths - I also cycle them carefully
1. Agree some ramblers, kids, dogs have to be treated carefully (to me it's about cycling with respect for others.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.