Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Borascope recomendation
John G

posted on 10/2/22 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Borascope recomendation

Can anyone recomend a borascope for looking into cylinder bores etc. Any to avoid?
Regards, Jon

loggyboy

posted on 10/2/22 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Is that specfically for looking at 00s VW saloon cars or Ibiza beach resorts!! Lol

In all seriousness i have cheap ebay versions one usb and one mobile phone link one that work just fine. Mobile makes it real easy to use.

Mistral Motorsport

coyoteboy

posted on 11/2/22 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
What are you trying to spot? My experience with cheapy ebay tenner ones was that
1) it's impossible to see anything but the piston top and about the bottom 50% of the bore.
2) The image quality was a bit too poor to make out anything except very big scratches.
3) It was relatively easy to get it caught in the plug hole and give you a panic that you were not getting it out.
4) If the engine turns over on the compression of another cylinder, despite appearing to be stable and steady, it will require head removal anyway, and picking bits of lens and camera out of the cyl, and negating the point of the cam in the first place

[Edited on 11/2/22 by coyoteboy]

perksy

posted on 11/2/22 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
I bought one for a tenner from ebay and connects via USB to the garage laptop

Its ok for occasional use, but no way a professional one, like everything it depends on how often you want to use it and what quality you need

snakebelly

posted on 16/2/22 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
I have a maplin standalone boroscope I’m selling, very little use but emigrating so having a clear out. £40 including signed for p&p
Mac

[Edited on 17/2/22 by snakebelly]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.