Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Potential issue with a member on here?
Davectr

posted on 27/2/22 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
Potential issue with a member on here?

Hi guys,

I’ve recently contacted member 1960Dave on here about the GBS plenum he’d previously advertised to see if it had sold. He said it hadn’t so we agreed a deal and I paid him for the item. However, since then he doesn’t reply to emails, phone calls and most messages! Occasionally he messages back but doesn’t actually answer my questions. Is this guy legit, and does anyone on here know how to get in touch with him. Any help would be appreciated

Dave

computid

posted on 28/2/22 at 01:32 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Looks like he's been a member since 2016, and has posted a few times other than to sell stuff. How long has it been since you agreed & paid?

How did you send the money?

Davectr

posted on 28/2/22 at 03:33 AM Reply With Quote
Paid on the 17th Feb using PayPal. Item should've been posted straight afterwards. He did say he was packing it up, then that it was being collected (by courier?) on Sunday 20th! I asked numerous times if it had been posted and requested a tracking number. He finally replied on Thursday 24th saying the item was at his mother's but didn't know if it was collected. He's not replied to anything (calls, email, messages) since
designer

posted on 28/2/22 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
If you paid with Paypal contact them first. They are very good at sorting things out.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
computid

posted on 28/2/22 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
If you paid with Paypal contact them first. They are very good at sorting things out.

Yeah, this. Hopefully you used buyer protection and not friends & family, then you'll be able to get a refund through them.

nick205

posted on 28/2/22 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by computid
quote:

Yeah, this. Hopefully you used buyer protection and not friends & family, then you'll be able to get a refund through them.

Agree - PayPal, with buyer protection works well and looks after the buyer in cases like this.

I'd start by contacting them.

There's usually an option in PayPal to start a reclaim for goods not received.

ReMan

posted on 28/2/22 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Before we hang him, having looked at previous posts theres nothing ringing bells for me, so perhaps it is a genuine case of life got in the way of play and he just needs a bit more slack?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 28/2/22 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by computid
quote:

I find the extortionate (and ever-increasing) fees for using PayPal really off-putting. Sold some bits recently for £100, then barely received £94 but the time P/P took their chunk. Then remove postage fees, and before you know it, you've got significantly less for the item than you originally advertised it for!

I usually ask people to pay by F&F for transactions, or if not, then to at least cover half the fees payable - most seem happy with this.

From a buyers' perspective, I've had to use their claims approach a couple of times for item not received, and it's always been resolved in my favour. But i always find they lean towards the purchaser anyway....

Be warned though, not everything is covered by "Buyer Protection" through them - one of the ongoing scams is for vehicles (or deposits therefore) which are specifically excluded.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Davectr

posted on 28/2/22 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Im not looking to ‘hang’ the guy, just want answers from him (and the product I paid for), he’s had plenty of opportunity to answer my messages, emails and calls but doesn’t. Unfortunately I used friends and family to pay, because I looked at his posts on here and thought he seemed legit. Perhaps I was naive believing other people are like myself, if I was selling I would package up straight away and be in constant contact with the buyer until they received the item.
Simon

posted on 28/2/22 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
No idea about the character in question but if someone is paying PayPal it's because travelling to collect the item is too far or whatever in which case they cover all fees and postage - it's still cheaper than collecting.
I had some nob wanted to buy my Hayabusa and wanted Mr to reduce the price by what he'd have had to pay a carrier. On your bike pal.

adam1985

posted on 28/2/22 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
If it’s the guy I think it is, it will be a genuine mistake.
I’ve just tried to contact him as I have brought parts from him in the past and he was really helpful.
I’ve messaged him on another forum and will try another contact, I will get back to you if it’s the wrong guy

Davectr

posted on 28/2/22 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adam1985
If it’s the guy I think it is, it will be a genuine mistake.
I’ve just tried to contact him as I have brought parts from him in the past and he was really helpful.
I’ve messaged him on another forum and will try another contact, I will get back to you if it’s the wrong guy

Thanks for that. It may well be him as he’s just messaged me saying he’s had COVID and that’s why he hasn’t replied. Hopefully this will get sorted, I just think it’s poor form not to reply to all my attempts to contact him - it only takes a few seconds to type a message

Davectr

posted on 2/3/22 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Update on this, had a message today confirming the item had been shipped (with a tracking number).

@Adam1985 if it was who you were referring to thanks for your assistance.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.