Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford PATS Antenna
Johnny B

posted on 9/3/22 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Ford PATS Antenna

Hi, I`m building a race car, mondeo, with a focus ST170 engine. All the wiring are removed, and I just ordered the ECU kit included the key and key holder. The engine are from a -02 model, and today I found the antenna from a -14 model. Is it possible to use a -14 model antenna, or do I have to buy antenna from the correct model?
How do I find the correct connection for the wiring setup? As I understand the wires are all black on the antenna contact.

By the way, I`m norwegian and I`m sorry for my bad writing. Hope you understand what I mean anyway.

Regards Johnny B

big_wasa

posted on 9/3/22 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Its not model or year specific or set to the individual ecu but they have changed the frequency over the years so you would stand a better chance of somthing between 1998 and 2005 mondeo fiesta focus ka Cougar are your best bet.

Pre 1997 are definitely different and don't work

Johnny B

posted on 31/3/22 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote
Hi again, and thanks for the last reply.
Now I have connected everything according to the thread "How to" OEM Focus ST170 ecu with Pats info.
The PATS LED lights up for a few seconds, and then starts blinking, and I have no spark when i crank the engine.
For information, the fuel pump and cooling fan is connected trough switched 12v supply, not to the ECU.
Since this is the first try on a project like this, I also wonder how much sensors are needed as a minimum to get the engine started?

Regards Johnny B

big_wasa

posted on 31/3/22 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
If its flashing then the immobiliser will not let it start.
Johnny B

posted on 1/4/22 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
It`s flashing, but after some time (like minutsj it stops. About the led, should the resistor be on the + wire or on the negative against 42 ECU wire?
What does the PATS actually turns off? Can you get spark on the plugs whitout pats recognision of the key?
Another thing, I have the key and antenna ring. Is it important how they are placed togheter? Or will it work as long as the key are placed inside the ring?
Which sensor will give signal to the fuelinjectors? I`ve assume my fuelrail are from a standard zetec engine, because it has a return line to the tank. How can i bypass the signal from the fuel rail pressure switch, when it`s not there?

I`m sorry for all this questions, but my son missed out on a race this weekend and I felt pretty bad not getting the car ready for him.

Regards Johnny B

big_wasa

posted on 3/4/22 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I believe it’s all fuel related because some of the banger racers use them for ignition only. But I’ve never tested it as I want it to work complete.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.