Fuelling ?

Hi, been a while, took kit 4 mot Friday, all good,
Whent 4 a drive yesturday, car smelt a bit, sore eyes too,
Woke today with mega sore throat, is my fueling incorrect, thanks, andy

jacko

posted on 21/3/22 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
No it means you are starting a cold /flu I’ve been like that for a week😀😩
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
indykid

posted on 21/3/22 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
If it passed the MOT and you didn't come back stinking of petrol, it's probably not fuelling related

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/3/22 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
covid
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andy188

posted on 21/3/22 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks 4 the info guys,
Shmbo says my clothes smell bad too,

nick205

posted on 22/3/22 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Get the car outside in the fresh air and start working along the fuel system looking for issues. Leaks, perished hoses, failed carb or injector seals. Somewhere fuel or fuel vapour could be escaping.

From what you describe it sounds like it's happening in front of your body whilst your sat in the car driving. Maybe start in the engine bay and then along the tunnel (assuming it's a rear fuel tank with fuel line(s) in the tunnel.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 22/3/22 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Old (or new...) rubber fuel hose will transmit vapour, a situation only worsened with alcohol fuel mixtures. I thought I had a leak in the tank (the stench was that bad), but it was the fairly fresh braided nitrile line. Replaced that with PTFE (Goodridge 811) and the stench became no more.
Only takes a small leak/weep to create the vapour pressure that will give you one helluva headache, and that's just petrol.

For the ultimate in lachrymatory issues, methanol fuel is terrible (I used it on a supercharged racer a few years back), the exhaust products are unbearable. You get to know just how bad things can get!

Of course, there are plenty of virus entities going around now, which (if they aren't the cause) will sensitize any additional issues. I've had a mild 'bug' now for weeks, taking a long time to clear.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.