Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy fibreglass bulkhead panel and battery cover in black
Pete Jordan

posted on 1/8/22 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
MK Indy fibreglass bulkhead panel and battery cover in black

This bulkhead panel and battery cover in black fibreglass were part of my MK Indy kit but, as I'm making my own custom bulkhead panel, they are surplus to requirements. They have never been fitted and have been wrapped in bubble wrap since I bought the kit so, as you can see from the photos below they are, apart from a few minor moulding defects/scratches, in excellent, as new condition.

The bulkhead panel and battery cover currently cost £180 from MK Sportscars, so I think £100 for these panels is good value. I'd prefer that, due to the irregular shape and fragility of the panels, they are collected from me (I live about 9 miles south of Worcester) but I would be prepared to ship them at cost, which I think will be about another £10.

Message me if you have any questions.

Pete Jordan

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

nick205

posted on 2/8/22 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
GLWTS

Good buy for an MK Indy builder.

I didn't buy this bit from MK when I bought the rest of the body (too tight). I ended up making separate bulkhead and over over footwell panels from Alloy sheet. That wasn't too bad, but making the cover part for the steering column was a PITA. In the end an LCB member helped me out and made me a steel cover bit the right shape (beyond my fabbing skill st that point).

Half Finished

posted on 4/8/22 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
I've been on the lookout for panels. Presumably these will fit a Haynes Roadster too? Do you know the width?
Pete Jordan

posted on 4/8/22 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
The MK Indy was based on the Ron Champion design, so I'm not too sure how similar it is to the Haynes Roadster and cannot guarantee the fit. That said, I've measured the key dimensions of my bulkhead panel and added them to a photo of it and also found a dimensioned photo of the Haynes scuttle that Kitcardirect sells.

The overall front dimension of the front of the Haynes scuttle is bigger at 100cm but the face onto which the bulkhead fixes is smaller because of the indent for the bonnet to rest on and also there is quite a broad flange on the front of the scuttle, so I would have thought the bulkhead panel should fit ok, although it might need a bit of trimming to fit. I hope that helps.

Pete Jordan

Half Finished

posted on 4/8/22 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you for measuring. Unfortunately, the chassis rails on the Haynes Roadster are 882mm and 956mm, then the width of the chassis rails at the side. So this looks shorter. Someone handy with fibreglass could probably cut it in half and lengthen it.

I'll have to pass, sorry!

Pete Jordan

posted on 4/8/22 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
No problem, good luck!

Pete Jordan

Jeano

posted on 18/8/22 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
i would be intersted in these if there was any way of getting them to essex

Drives: MK Indy F20c with hairdryer

Pete Jordan

posted on 18/8/22 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
I've been saving a very large cardboard box and some bubble wrap for just this purpose, so if you want to buy it, I'll package it up and send it to you, fully insured, so if it does get damaged you'll get your money back and I'm covered. U2U me if you'd like to go ahead and we can arrange payment/shipping address etc.

Pete

Pete Jordan

indykid

posted on 18/8/22 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Jordan
I've been saving a very large cardboard box and some bubble wrap for just this purpose, so if you want to buy it, I'll package it up and send it to you, fully insured, so if it does get damaged you'll get your money back and I'm covered. U2U me if you'd like to go ahead and we can arrange payment/shipping address etc.

Pete

Make sure you thoroughly read the Ts and Cs of your chosen courier. There are myriad unreasonable exclusions, but Parcel Force for instance don't insure car parts for damage. The cheaper you go on price, the more devious the exclusions get.

Most of the booking forms will ask what the parcel contains but they won't flag that the contents aren't covered in the insurance they're selling you.

Pete Jordan

posted on 21/8/22 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that Indykid, you are right. I checked the courier I normally use, DPD and they exclude any car panels and anything made of fibreglass! So, I've had to shop around and UPS seems to be the best choice, albeit a little more expensive than DPD.

Pete

Pete Jordan

Pete Jordan

posted on 25/8/22 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Now sold and on its way to Jeano.

Pete Jordan

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.