Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Front Callipers - Willwood?
Nick Davison

posted on 21/1/24 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Front Callipers - Willwood?

Probably been talked to death before but does anyone have any experience running Willwood 4 or 6 pot callipers on a 7?

Or maybe suggest another supplier?

Used on the road but looking to do trackdays as well.

I have sera uprights with cosworth vented discs and adaptor plates for standard siera single pot callipers and am looking to change to something more convincing in the stopping department. I thought of the Willwood for size reputation and looks. I have 17" rims so should be ok for room and the car weighs 700kg.

Ta
Nick

pigeondave

posted on 21/1/24 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
I have wilwood powerlites on the Fury. These are the ones with no dust seals so you have to clean them from time to time.
The midilite has seals

Bought as part of a group buy way back when.
Generally speaking you won't see the need for vented discs on such a light car as you want to keep the weight down.
A better solution is to duct air to the rotors.

I believe that there was only one trck on the RGB calendar where brake fade was an issue. Their trick was to make sure they had new pads in for that race, as a bit of extra meat on the pad helped. If I remember correctly.

I dont think nowadays there are an suppliers which are to be avoided, but maybe someone knows better? In the past there was.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nick Davison

posted on 28/3/24 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
As a followup.

I had a chat with a chap at Donington Track Day on Tuesday who was running a NA 2.0l with about 180hp I think and with cortina standard callipers. He was using Green Stuff pads on that standard setup but had no issues with stopping capability.

So I will be looking to go with a better performance pad to start with and if it gets to be too much work to stand on the brake pedal I'll look at wilwood midlites.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.