Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Fiat Ducatto LHD headlamp beam correctors
John G

posted on 30/5/24 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Fiat Ducatto LHD headlamp beam correctors

As the title says, I have a 1992 Fiat camper and the only headlamps available are LHD ones. I am in the opposite situation from going from here to France. I need a set of stickers as if I was driving from France to the UK. Any pointers? Happy to make up my own if I knew the shape and placement.
rusty nuts

posted on 30/5/24 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Sometimes there is a roughly triangular area on the glass, that is the area you need to cover. Not sure as it’s been a while since I was testing , but using converters might now be an MOT failure?
obfripper

posted on 30/5/24 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
They are still just an advisory item for the MoT, you're best off getting the camper at 90° to a wall and 6-8' away to get a good view of how the beam pattern currently is, a flat top beam pattern should be achievable and will be needed for a MoT pass.

You could knock up a template from thick card to work out what the optimal shape for your lamp is, and then make the corrector from a suitable material, remembering that 90% of what is radiated from the headlamp is heat, so something black will get very hot in a short time, adhesive foil tape might work well for this as it won't curl up when hot.
Use the minimum area of deflector to achieve the correct beam pattern, as otherwise you will lose useful light unnecessarily.

Have a look at this thread as a starting point, there are a few pics showing the placement of beam correctors on a talbot express which should be the same headlamps as your fiat.

https://talbotoc.com/l-h-d-headlight-glass-t28177.html

Dave

nick205

posted on 31/5/24 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
Not driven a RHD car abroad for quite some time now, but Halfords and others certainly used to sell sticker kits for RHD headlamps to adapt them for driving on the other side.

Not sure if they'll sell sticker kits fro the reverse though (bound to be online somewhere though).

Dingz

posted on 31/5/24 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Many years ago I had a couple of little Citroens, they had a simple arrangement in the bulb holder which effectively rotated the bulb about 10 degrees to give either a left or rh dip. You removed the bulb moved a little plastic slider replaced the bulb, voila as they say. Any chance of modifying the bulb location slots in your headlights?

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.