Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pop up gazebo
number-1

posted on 24/8/24 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
pop up gazebo

Can anyone recommend a pop up gazebo? I would rather use a tried and tested one over a cheaper option and something fast to put up

Thanks

N1

cliftyhanger

posted on 25/8/24 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
My classic car club has a few pop up gazebos, now 5-6 years old. They do a few events a year, and seem to be lasting well. Supplier has now gone....
BUT the are really big and heavy when packed.

I am trying to get them to buy some Coleman shelters instead, they seem durable and pack up much smaller. Useful if you have to transport them in a spitfire (car!)

nick205

posted on 25/8/24 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
For my scout group we use Coleman shelters. Fast, durable, light.
stevebubs

posted on 27/8/24 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Had a Rhino Hex 45 up for 3 years non-stop. Was ratched-strapped to the house to prevent it blowing away. Fabric died after 3 years of being permanently up but Frame still perfectly usable; keep meaning to order a new canopy...

https://rockawnings.co.uk/gazebos/rhino-hex-45

Before ratchet-strapping it down it did fly away once. Flew about 20 feet into the air and landed the other side of the fence. Was anchored by a power cord (!!!). Needed one cross-bar and one plastic bracket to repair. (Cracked bracket and crossbar bent but still structurally intact) On issue was I it couldn't "pop-down". IME Most pop-ups would have disintegrated upon landing. Took me a year to get around to ordering new parts and it stayed up and in use (strapped to the house now) the whole time.

[Edited on 27/8/24 by stevebubs]

[Edited on 27/8/24 by stevebubs]

Sylva Fury

loggyboy

posted on 28/8/24 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Can recommend gazeboshop.co.uk poducts.
I havent dealt with them directly, but i have 2 of theirs I picked up used, and they are very good.
Mine are both the 40mm classic in aluminium.

Gazebo
Gazebo

[Edited on 28-8-24 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

MikeR

posted on 28/8/24 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
We bought a pop up one for the garden, 3 by 6m ish. Left it up all summer for two years tied to the house and fence. This year the fabric has ripped (UV degradation i assume). Frame is fine. We deliberately bought a cheaper one to see if it was worthwhile. Now I can't remember who we got it from to see about buying replacement fabric cover
loggyboy

posted on 28/8/24 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
We bought a pop up one for the garden, 3 by 6m ish. Left it up all summer for two years tied to the house and fence. This year the fabric has ripped (UV degradation i assume). Frame is fine. We deliberately bought a cheaper one to see if it was worthwhile. Now I can't remember who we got it from to see about buying replacement fabric cover

Yeah this happens even to the good ones, I left mine out for 3 years, by year 2 it was faded and by year 3 it was brittle. Accepted that and bought a new canopy.

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.