Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Blatant Advertising
britishtrident

posted on 16/2/05 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Blatant Advertising

Some very recent posts are obvious placed by individuals only interested in the forum as a means of selling parts.
I want to make it clear that I am not reffering to the very much valued contributions by those experienced who run companies making Locost chassis or individual genuine Locoster who make or supply bits.

[Edited on 16/2/05 by britishtrident]

britishtrident

posted on 16/2/05 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
tee hee , err not quite ho-hum :-) but Darren is a bit less discrete than yourself ;-) but without you guys and a few others the whole Locost community would be a lot smaller. In my book it is pretty important that when a Locost supplier has a new product that the info gets passed on. What annoys me is the odd fly poster who appear soley to plug an item but have no genuine interest in the Locost community.
Benzine

posted on 16/2/05 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Drink Coke®©™

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 16/2/05 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
people selling stuff regularily should be contributors. simple!

EddThompson

posted on 16/2/05 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
I know im new here so dont take offence.

I certainly dont mind whan a company/person posts a new thread clearly labeled at the top and invites questions etc.

Its a bit annoying when somebody asks about something and 2 posts down you get "We sell em for X pounds"

I suppose if it helps the person get what their after i guess its not to bad, ahhh i dont know, just me 2p

edd

phelpsa

posted on 16/2/05 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
The worst is....

quote:

Come and visit my site! It is on Britney Spears!

....when 'Britney Spears', or whatever, has absolutely nothing to do with the forum subject.

I don't think it has happened here yet, but it has happened a few times to Scoobynet.

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mix

posted on 17/2/05 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
I don't see the problem, if an individual has items for sale which may be of interest to users of this forum, (ie related to the construction of a car), then why shouldn't he post to that effect?
Personally I would be happier to see all advertising channelled through the 'For Sale' section of the forum.

Mick

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.