Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Velocity Wiring Loom.... & a 4AGE
Gazza

posted on 27/2/05 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Velocity Wiring Loom.... & a 4AGE

Anybody help me out - I've got the standard Luego wiring loom and a Toyota 4AGE engine- here are my current problems!!!!

1. How do I wire up the starter motor? I though it had a small wire from the ignition to the relay (which is in the loom already) and a big thick wire which in my loom runs from the stater to the coil of cables marked "ignition switch" - surely this should be a live feed from the battery as this cable is far too big to be connected to the ignition switch!!!

2. How do I wire up the alternator - the Luego loom has a single alternator cable, yet my alternator for the 4AGE has 3 connectors on it (plus one which looks like an earth).

Help - I realy want to get the thing started this week, so any advice is appreciated!

Just a bag o' rusty spanners

Paul (Notts)

posted on 1/3/05 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Not got round to the electrics on my viento yet but if you post the question in the electrics forum you are more likly to get some help.

I have wiring diagrams for standard looms and will look at these later to see if they help.

Paul (notts)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.