Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: transmission tunnel info
Bart69

posted on 12/3/05 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
transmission tunnel info

I thought i was going to finish my chassis today to be ready for seam welding until i reached l & m, g & h and everything hit the buffers.
Does anyone know there position along C & P.
Im building a mcsorely +4 and fitting an xe to type 9. I dont have any bellhousing adapter yet and probably wont for a good few weeks .

Thanks in advance im sure someone has been here before.

cheers

graham

Bart69

posted on 15/3/05 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
With a little more thought i should have asked the position of the inner H uprights along C.
I'm going to use the ford bellhousing to line things up. Does anyone know if there is much difference between the standard ford item and a adapter from yukspeed

britishtrident

posted on 15/3/05 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Getting the type 9 in and leaving room for the drivers legs is the problem --- my CVH and type 9 are going in well towards the rear, the tailshaft end is almost exactly in line with the front edge of B2. The tunnel on the drivers side has a double dog leg in it to give the driver some more leg room.

The factors to consider are that the clutch arm work and the starter clears G1 or G2 depending on what side it is on.

If you make the support bracket for the gearbox mount with more than one set of holes you could move the engine forward easily if you were short of clearance.

It wasn't you who managed to nab the 2 Capri axles in the Dalmarnock Scrappie a couple of weeks back ?

[Edited on 15/3/05 by britishtrident]

Bart69

posted on 15/3/05 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
It wasn't you who managed to nab the 2 Capri axles in the Dalmarnock Scrappie a couple of weeks back ?

I nabbed mine on root to scrappy off of Brian Johnston if your local you may know him.
discovered that the capri axle is looking too short for my +4
Brian has saved the day and is dropping me of a full cortina £150

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.