Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Throttle Body PICS
Ben Smith

posted on 23/3/05 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Throttle Body PICS

I have put a couple of photos in my archive of the T/B's now fitted to my engine. They are now wired up and have the injector holes plugged since these were taken. Hope this may help a few people who haven't got this far yet. I will try to take some more pics in better light as these are not great!

Ben Smith

Hellfire

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
It may help Ben if we knew what throttle bodies you have combined to what engine?

SeaBass

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Don't you enjoy playing spot the engine and bodies hellfire... I do!

GSXR Bodies to a 4AGE ??

Am I right do I get a prize?

Cheers

billy

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
he he he i spotted it too you tell him

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

Ben Smith

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
SORRY FOLKS

Seabass, You are correct but sorry no prize (thought the cam covers gave it away). The bodies are GSXR 600'S and the engine is 4age with Raws trac pac 1 cams. I had the manifold made up by Concept racing. Iam using a standard toyota fuel rail with injectors in the head. they are also toyota injectors but not sure which model. From the part number they appear to be 364.7cc (I think). I will keep you posted on results. Rolling road on April5th.

Ben.

Hellfire

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
I never looked... so there!!!!

SeaBass

posted on 23/3/05 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Nice job Ben. The welds on the manifold are making me drool.

Cheers

Ben Smith

posted on 23/3/05 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, he made a good job of the manifold. He has made a couple of parts for me including shortened sump and I have always been very impressed with the result. Welding is a skill I really wish I had. With the amount I've spent there it would probably be cheaper to learn!

Ben.

big_wasa

posted on 23/3/05 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice welding work...Welding is an art

What sort of doh was the manifold if you dond mind me asking.......Any details on who did it because good workmanship can be hard to find....

Ben Smith

posted on 23/3/05 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
I hate talking numbers when it comes to the car as it's always to much. But as you asked he charged £110. All I did was supply the back plate and a drawing and left him to it. The inlet tubes had to be made oval at one end which complicated lining up a bit. In that price he also extended all the linkages on the T/B's so they could be respaced. He look great care in taking the apart so he didn't distort the butterflys.

Emaill me your address and I will send a brochure. as a guide, Header tanks about £60 and a 5 gallon fuel tank with splash bowl 480*369*130mm is £130

His number is 01432 850685 and you need to speak to Bob (Concept Racing).

Ben.

James

posted on 24/3/05 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Looks great Ben.

Interesting to see the 600s are man enough for the 4AGE. Keep us updated with rolling road results.

What ECU are you planning to use?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

12a RX-7

posted on 24/3/05 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
the throttle bodies should be more than man enough for a 1600. Remember the bike engine rev's much higher and so conumes more air + think what size the chokes in a normal 45 webber are ... the GSXR600 ones i have used on my car are 42mm inside diameter at the smaller end. Plenty big enough

ned

posted on 24/3/05 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
they do look nice.

Hellfire, if you're bored you could always try and play spot the manifold:
throttles
throttles

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 24/3/05 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
That is very VERY pretty. What fuel management will you be running? Will you tell us what your Dyno figures are once you run them please?

The 365cc injectors are from the supercharged version of the 4AGE. Unless you are running a very high rev limit or forced induction they are a bit large and will be more difficult to tune for emissions at idle. But I am using the same ones - for a low boost turbo setup with a Megasquirt.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ben Smith

posted on 24/3/05 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Lots of people have comented on the size of these. I have no experience of fuel injection so have had to learn very quickly and could still have some of this wrong.
The car was previously running twin 40's which I think have 34mm chokes. The T/B's are tapered from46mm (i think) to 38mm. I chose these after reading the Jenvey web site which gives a list of sizes needed against power and revs.
The ECU is OMEX. Expensive I know, but I already had the 100 for the carbs and it was cheaper to upgrade to the 500 than start again (they charge the difference between the two).
As the injectors are standard toyota they will be easy to replace with smaller ones if needed.
Just waiting for fuel pump to arrive I bought off ebay and we will do first start next week. I hate bank holiday weekends As long as it beats a friends 20v I'll be happy. Will keep you posted.

Ben.

[Edited on 24/3/05 by Ben Smith]

Mark18

posted on 24/3/05 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
What's the advantage of those over the standard throttle bodies? thanks

Mark

"I don't know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton

stevebubs

posted on 26/3/05 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Pics of the Gixxer 750 ones on my Zetec now also available in my archive ... just need to finish the plumbing and wiring...
Northy

posted on 26/3/05 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Are the injectors mounted underneith?

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

stevebubs

posted on 26/3/05 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Northy
Are the injectors mounted underneith?

Now flipped the other way up due to clearance issues. More photos uploaded.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.