Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Starter Solenoid Plug
adam_moore

posted on 30/3/05 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Starter Solenoid Plug

Hi,

The starter solenoid plug on my fireblade loom (1993 RRP) is burnt out and the terminals are corroded. It works OK at the moment but It needs replacing as when the charging circuit is connected it causes a problem.

Only problem is I have no idea where I might get a replacement. The rest of the loom is OK so I don't want to buy an entire loom. Anyone know where I might get hold of an individual plug, maybe second hand?

Cheers, Adam

shortie

posted on 30/3/05 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Honda dealer is a good bet, £30-40 I think.

Rich.

adam_moore

posted on 30/3/05 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunatly, my local honda dealer was no help..."you'll have to get a full loom mate". I'll try some other honda dealers but if they cost that much, i might as well get a second hand loom and have some spares!

Does anyone know if the plug from a CBR600 would fit?

Cheers

[Edited on 30/3/05 by adam_moore]

shortie

posted on 30/3/05 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
It's only a starter solenoid\relay so I reckon the CBR600 one would be fine, I think the guys from MAC1 use a mini starter solenoid but maybe worth giving them a call to confirm.

Rich.

andrew.carwithen

posted on 30/3/05 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Adam,
Try AB Performance on 01284 703101 and talk to Andy.
I'm getting my engine off him and what he doesn't know about 'blade engines isn't worth knowing! he's used them in sidecar and rgb racing for years.
Anyway, whilst on the phone to him confirming delivery etc. I mentioned your little problem.
As they use a different set up for their race engines, he feels sure he'll have one he can remove from a butchered loom.
(Be preparecd for a long chat though as he's very enthusiastic about his product! But its all very informative).

Hope that helps,

Andy.

Jon Ison

posted on 30/3/05 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
I have a spare loom here, can you take a pic so i can see if the plug you want is still on it, it as been robbed of some bits over time.

adam_moore

posted on 31/3/05 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tip off. I spoke to Andy at AB performance and as you said, what he doesn't know, isn't worth knowing! After a long conversation ranging from wiring to gearbox design, he sorted out a plug and is sending it through to me! He's even putting new terminals in for me.

What a nice chap. If anyone is considering anything bike related...speak to AB performance.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.