Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 clocks from different bike
Dillinger1977

posted on 9/4/05 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
R1 clocks from different bike

Hi chaps

if you're using r1 clocks, do they have to be from the same bike (ie the clocks match the engine)
or do they even have to be the same model?

im guessing if they arent then the mileage wont match up, but will there be any other drawbacks? would the sva/dvla like it?

cheers
Rog

-Rog

shed

posted on 9/4/05 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
my R1 clocks come off a different bike. donot know about sva/dvla cannot see how they can tell or care as long as they work.
ChrisGamlin

posted on 9/4/05 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Ive not read anything to suggest they are linked to the ECU, I hope not as Ive bought a set with a friend to use for diagnostics!
You might even find that the mileage still does tally with the engine as on some bikes with electronic odometer, the mileage is stored in the ECU rather than the dash, so whatever dash you put on it will show the same mileage.

athoirs

posted on 9/4/05 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
yes there is a difference in what year engine the clocks come from.. early R1's had a second sersor on the rad for the fan later ones had a single unit and the fan was controlled from the clocks. best get a set of clocks from the same year and you should have no problems.. I made a set of R1 clocks work with a fazer engine...all the cable connections where different

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.