Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dvla
jacko

posted on 18/4/05 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
dvla

Hi all - Just been to Beverley to try and tax my car a few days in advance because it was convenient to me. Unfortunately the all important person there decided I can't tax my car until two days before the 1st of May because it has been SORN. If it hadn't been SORN I could have taxed it there and then. Why?......
Also if I tax my car at Beverley I have to fill in forms if I tax it at the post office there are no forms to fill in. Why......?
Is it just Beverley been awkward or are all DVLA offices doing it this way? Any comments? Jacko.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
longwayoff

posted on 18/4/05 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
From my experience they are a law to themselves making up the rules as they go along. Different offices seem to have different opinions on the rules, recently when I finally managed to get through to Swansea I was told one thing, when I went to my local office in Lincoln I was told something completely different which meant I could not do what I intended. All ok for the smug cow behind the glass, maybe she had had an argument with her girl friend, or it was pmt or something but she did not have the eighty mile wasted round trip.

Not that I am bitter

theconrodkid

posted on 18/4/05 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
are you trying to tax it from may 1st or april 1st,i,m going to tax mine soon and was wondering if they would let me tax it from may1st (sunday) if i got the disc on sat?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

jacko

posted on 18/4/05 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Theconrodkid im wanting it taxed from 1st of may Jacko
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hornet

posted on 18/4/05 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Seems fair.... it is only the 18th of april.

They would have been happy for u to tax it from the 1st of April.

jacko

posted on 18/4/05 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
bollocks whats fair about not been able to tax it early its money in there bank and It was convenient for me to do it today as I was already in Beverley now it means a special trip. Jacko
kipper

posted on 18/4/05 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jacko.....have you tried the post office at Asda, Kingswood you would save a trip to Beverly.Regards Kipper....
Come on you ULL
Forgot to say they are open later than normal post office's..

[Edited on 18/4/05 by kipper]

Peteff

posted on 18/4/05 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
2 weeks for free. Think again

I was in the post office and a girl tried to tax her car from the beginning of next month. The assistant said she could only do it 2 days before the end of the previous month.
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/vehlicnc.htm
Scroll down to When can I apply for a new licence. You can only do it early if it has tax already on it. Why not do it at the Post Office instead of Beverley or do it by post if it's Sorn anyway?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Hornet

posted on 19/4/05 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
bollocks?...... Zoomer

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.