Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: diy emmissions for sva
evo3500

posted on 22/4/05 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
diy emmissions for sva

Can anyone help,I once heard a story about a bike engine kit going through sva with a diy emmision system on it.I amd building and nearly finished ready for sva an mk gt1,it has a yamaha 1000cc thunderace engine in it,i have made my exhaust manifold them fitted a small cat off a car,then have fitted a late type yamaha R1 end can silencer which has a cat in it also so i have 2 cats in the system,my carbs have 4 x plugged vacuum pipes for carb tuning,i beliveve you can fit 4 x adjustable fish tank vent valves into the end of the pipes,and they act like reeed valves,and open and let more air in to lean the mixture off as the revs and vacuum increase.
Has anyone got any info on this,like make and part number or name of vent valves and where i can get them from,or has anybody out there done the above succsefully,if not does anyone have a cat kit they want to sell,or hire having only used it once for your sva?

Thanks Simon

Jon Ison

posted on 22/4/05 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
contact snoopy, he's the man for bec sva emissions, fish tank valves n things.

marc n

posted on 22/4/05 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
we dont use the fish tank valves, the key is getting the cat as close to the manifold as poss
we have an sva silencer for our cars that has a catalyst welded in right where the collector form the headers ends, this makes sure the cat gets hot enough to work ( exhaust melted sva mans probe last time )
so far this has worked on 2 x 99 r1 engines 3 x fireblade and 1 x zx9r
think the cat that i used in the system came from a 98 fiesta si 1.2 16v

hope this helps

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wilkingj

posted on 22/4/05 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
With two cats.... It will PURR very nicely

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
evo3500

posted on 23/4/05 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the advice guys will be taking it for mot soon so will have a chance to check it before sva,the 1st cat is about 2ft from collector,so we will have to wait and see.

cheers Simon.

Andy W

posted on 24/4/05 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
I passed with a cat from a fiesta, I would agree get the system as hot as possible. I fitted air bleed valve's but didn't need to use them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.