Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quick sierra light switches question
the moa 2

posted on 7/5/05 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Quick sierra light switches question

I already have a post going about my wiring but just need a quick question answering if poss.

On the post 87 sierra light switches the brown & black (56) wire that goes from the left side to the right has a second wire attatched on the right side....

What do i do with this wire ?

I think i should connect it to the Dip Beam wire which goes into my luego relay pack ,but am doubting if this is correct as it would mean its connected directly to the brown & white wire (56b) on the left hand stalk.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b1lly

posted on 9/5/05 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Hi on the Switch Stalks I have been using, that wire actually shorts to Ground when the side lights are on the second setting (main dips). This then completes the short to ground when the side lights are switched to the second setting.

So I left the second wire disconnected.

If this is the case you may need to change the Relay setup (I did anyway) as they are expecting 12v+ not a ground on from the switch.

So check to see if you get ground on this wire when the switches are on and if so i can give you full details of how mine is working. There are some postings that state they did get power on this link, which can only mean the switch stalks are different on some models...Great aint it...

I posted your other thread to say how to check this.

[Edited on 9/5/05 by b1lly]

the moa 2

posted on 9/5/05 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for your help B1lly i will check it out tommorrow night,

i give up again the other night after hours of head scratching ! Man this is annoying.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.