Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: new GT1 pics
evo3500

posted on 9/5/05 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
new GT1 pics

They have been a long time coming progress has been slow,due to lack of time,but gallery updated pictures taken today,scary thing is SVA on May 31st !
Better pull my finger out.
Jon Ison if you read this can you tell me what grease goes if the quaife diffe,how much do you put in and how often in terms of miles does it need greasing.
Enjoy the pictures.

Thanks Simon

Jon Ison

posted on 9/5/05 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
I just use a quality high melting point grease, pump it in till it comes out the sides, (drive shaft splines) i give each "nipple" there's a good word a "pump" there's another good word maybe once a month or so.

Mike S

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Simon

Updated pics don't seem to be in archive!!

Good luck with your SVA. Let us know how it goes as I hope I won't be too far behind you.

Regards

Mike

There are more horses' asses in this world than there are horses

evo3500

posted on 10/5/05 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply Jon, the grease you are talking about is it the grey/ black stuff usually put in cv joints etc.
evo3500

posted on 10/5/05 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Coming along nicely

Hello Mike i checked out your picture archive looks like yours is coming on well,looking at your exhaust you must have a healthier bank balance than me but looks good.I have uploaded 2 more new pictures check my photo gallery.

Regards Simon.

Mike S

posted on 11/5/05 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Simon

Have looked at your latest pic's. Well done, nearly finished then!

As you say, my exhaust was custom made for me by Powerspeed out of stainless. The Cat can be removed and replaced with the pipe you can see in the picture.

It was mega expensive! but I wanted the exhaust to be in the side pod as I am planning to add a diffuser at the back post SVA, so a rear mounted can would be in the way.

Also wanted to make sure that the noise level would meet SVA and track day limits so the larger can helps.

I would have to say that my build is turning into a High Cost project. Recon I'v spent 13K so far!!!!

Very best of luck with your SVA

Mike

There are more horses' asses in this world than there are horses

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.