Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: driving age
tri

posted on 12/5/05 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
driving age

one of my friends is talking about the age before your get to drive being moved to 18 is this true or are people just trying to p!ss her off (it seams to have worked lol) but i thought i would ask to see

Tri

I love speed :-P

posted on 12/5/05 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
i dont no, every year there is talk about changing the age the 1st time i heard them i was 14, and i am now 17, so, i think its just talk

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 12/5/05 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Miffed my daughter too as she is planning her...."Mad Mini" her old man is supposed to doing for when she is 17 next year......only snag is i aint done the lad's yet and he is busting my arse about it.....
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 12/5/05 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Phil,
Want some pics for your website? They are of the blue jobbie and maybe some as i was building it if i can find them.
Cheers
Mark

I love speed :-P

posted on 12/5/05 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
yes please mark, is possible?
if everything goes 2 plan she should be sva able in about 2 months so could do with as many pics as possible

[Edited on 12/5/2005 by I love speed :-P]

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

Triton

posted on 12/5/05 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Phil,
Just sent you a few pictures by email.......sorry if they take an age to come thru.
Cheers
Mark

longwayoff

posted on 12/5/05 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
This might pee her off too my Eldest lad is just 16 and has passed his UK car test, mind you its not much consolation for being disabled but he sure likes winding his mates up about it
tri

posted on 12/5/05 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
yeah i was thinking its that i am sure she will be very happy to hear she will be driving next year and not in 2 migh t just twist the knife about us getting to drive this year first

Tri

phelpsa

posted on 13/5/05 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
A couple of months ago mangogrooveworkshop had me wound up about that

Adam

DarrenW

posted on 13/5/05 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
I can feel some controversy coming on here.

I think the minimum age should be lifted to at least 21. Also for legally drinking. I also think Corsas and loud bass bins should be banned!

Bring back hanging and public flogging (actually i think the latter is commonplace on Friday nights in our town!!!!)

Only joking of course............ or am I?

[Edited on 13/5/05 by DarrenW]

Triton

posted on 13/5/05 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
I think football should be well and truly banned along with knobs who sit in the centre lane of the motorway.....but let the kids drive at 17......sure you aint that old you forgot what it was like to chuck the L's in the bin and drive on yer own.......that's when you start learning......but i think everyone should be made to have a go on two wheels to teach some "shit that can hurt" rules......
Triton

posted on 13/5/05 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Insurance is a killer for the kids which isn't fair.........there are some old codgers who shouldn't be walking let alone driving that get away with 20p insurance premiums.......my old man is one, scares me to death as he brakes right at the last minute then wonders why people are having a pop at him!!!!!!
clbarclay

posted on 13/5/05 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
In the last few months there have been several dents done to cars in my family and not a single one was caused by any one under 50.

For the first year or so of driving, new drivers (regardless of age) can be very dangerous until the've lernt to drive (deffinantly not the same as passing test).

As for people in middle lane when inside lane is clear. Its potentially dangerous driving, and judgement passed on them. Being taught to drive on a motorway would be a good minimum sentance.

[Edited on 13/5/05 by clbarclay]

stephen_gusterson

posted on 13/5/05 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
my son has just started to learn to drive at 17. I noticed in the licence details that disabled 16 year olds could drive too.

insurance........ worst quote I got was 4,200 quid.

best was 1375 - and that was insuring the car under my wifes name - no accidents or endorsement - with matt as a named driver.

and this car was a ferrari? nope

a 50hp cintroen saxo 1 litre.

best quote was tesco.com by some way.

atb

steve

Crazy Jay

posted on 14/5/05 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
Got a quote for me and my dad on the MK with adrian flux.
2k miles a year £1200!! cause im 20, and looks like i'll hav to pay it too. pity tho, im 21 in august, wonder if theyd refund the difference

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.