Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK GT1 SVA results
evo3500

posted on 3/6/05 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
MK GT1 SVA results

Well sorry for posting the results late had computor troubles,As expected it failed !
Now thats a suprise has anybody passed SVA 1st time ?
Im not to dissapointed as it has only failed on a few things, so really the SVA was a damage limitation exercise,and now i have a list to work to so there is light at the end of the tunnel, and it will pass.The fail list is as follows,emissions not to happy about that one as it passed them at the mot test i had done prior to sva.So i dont now why the emmissions have changed,a few nuts and bolts not enough thread showing,dashboard lower edge,needs edging strip,fuel gauge radius on bezel not met,i am going to mount it behind the dash,as it is surface mounted at the moment,fog light not square to the rear,bend bracket,mirrors unable to obtain full veiw,balance bar needs setting up as pinned it wrong went to sva with no rear braking whoops.
Well thats about it,so personally i think thats not bad,as i was a bit rushed to meet the SVA date,so probably could have avoided some of the minor fails,as lighting,bodywork seats etc all passed no problems,I did well as the bloke next to me who was having his car tested i think it was an early marlin,he had 5 pages of items to put right as it was a 1988 kit !
That must be demoralizing.Anyway my retest is booked for Tuesday 7th june,if all goes well going to le mans in it on the Sunday !
Just one more thing anybody got any ideas on the emissions please take a look at my thread on BEC and give me some ideas.

Thanks to all who have helped keep you posted.

Regards Simon.

Jon Ison

posted on 3/6/05 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Thats not too bad a list Simon, you'l get sorted.....

marc n

posted on 3/6/05 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
best bet for the emissions is to get some heat rap to place round the cat this will help keep the heat in the catalyst
best bet just before emissions test is to rev the car hard five or six times to get the cat really working, we have passed three cars like this
1 x fireblade
2 x r1
both on carbs, and incidently without using air bleeds and a like just using the mixture screws

hope this helps

good luck with the retest

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
woodster

posted on 4/6/05 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
unlucky simon never mind i'm sure you'l pass next time ..............enjoy leman
evo3500

posted on 4/6/05 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Marc can you confirm if you left the mixture alone or did you lean it off.

Thanks Simon.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.