Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Building blues....
Damon Hill

posted on 7/6/05 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Building blues....

It's warped slightly at the front, it's now at a bit of an upward angle.... oh god, I think my head's going to burst through sheer frustration...
JoelP

posted on 7/6/05 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
it doesnt matter mate, just ensure it is properly triangulated and adjust the suspension brackets to compensate if possible. mine is worse, i promise!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Damon Hill

posted on 8/6/05 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks JP, I feel a bit better now. The problem with this project, is that you start with no experience (when you need it), and you end by having loads of experience (when you don't need it).

I'm going to lie down now, my head hurts...

David Jenkins

posted on 8/6/05 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
I can only tell you what someone said to me when I worried about the curve on my chassis...

Take your ordinary car (any ordinary car) and park it on level ground. Then take a tape-measure and check the heights of components on each side. You will be AMAZED at the difference!

rgds,
David

Alan B

posted on 8/6/05 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Damon Hill
....... The problem with this project, is that you start with no experience (when you need it), and you end by having loads of experience (when you don't need it). ...........

What a great quote....how true it is....about many things....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 8/6/05 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Damon Hill
It's warped slightly at the front, it's now at a bit of an upward angle.... oh god, I think my head's going to burst through sheer frustration...

If it's banana'd along it's length then welding a steel floor in may help pull it flat again.
Or maybe too much the other way!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Mark Allanson

posted on 8/6/05 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Warping up at the front will just add to you castor angle (ideal!). Most road cars are acurate to +/- 4mm so don't worry, especially as you have adjustable suspension and they don't

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.