Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: would you reccomend
Velocity 1300

posted on 14/6/05 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
would you reccomend

Hi, i am thinking of getting a Luego Velocity XT for my first car and was just wondering if you guys thought it was a good idea to use them as your every day road cars, obviously not doing millions of miles in them but i meant o do things like run abck and forth to college, nip to shops, but not leave them in anywhere that isnt secure etc...

any ideas ?

cheers

brunocrossley

posted on 14/6/05 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Everyday Use

A tonneau will help stop people sitting and fiddling whilst you've just nipped to the ATM. Don't fit carpet, then you don't have to worry about drying it out. A helmet and motorcycle waterproofs help keep noise and discomfort down on longer trips. A lockable boot gives you somewhere to leave it. Use a battery isolator to stop people leaving your hazards running. If you make your car a show stopper you'll be forever polishing it and you'll be reluctant to use it if its raining , or if it might rain, or if its just rained....
If its your first car, it'll be a buzz every time you get in. But you can't show off to more than one girl at a time. The seats don't recline.
If you're used to stumbling out the front door with a brew for your cupholder and just driving to work on autopilot them getting your p&j out of the garage, putting on your wet weather gear and warming it up for the first few miles can be a bit inconvenient. Worth it though. Get a a Rover estate when you're 50. Live a little first.

Mark
Thornton Nr Blackpool

David Jenkins

posted on 14/6/05 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
I've got one of those crooklock things that connects the gearlever and the handbrake. Not a great anti-theft device, but it does stop people reaching in and releasing the handbrake.

Vandalism is my only real concern when I leave the car unattended.

David

tom_loughlin

posted on 14/6/05 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
im in the same boat - havent had my own car, and my (hopefully soon to be ready) GTS is my first car.
i am however planning on getting another car (cheap old banger - id like an old beetle or a 205 or something inbetween).
what the guys say about vandalism is my main concern - being an (almost) everyday car, you cant really leave it out on the street - especially in cities without people fiddling with it.
sod the praticality of a normal car, be a little different - im sure i wont regret my decision to build one!

Tom

Velocity 1300

posted on 14/6/05 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
thanks guys, tahts basically semented my thoguhts,

everyday car it is

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.