Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quad Bike Carbs or Twin Webers?
Chaz

posted on 20/6/05 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Quad Bike Carbs or Twin Webers?

With the market for webers slightly restricted for supply, prices have risen (supposedly). Are people turning to bike carbs because of this? Do they offer more performance for your $buck$? Do they fit on car DCOE inlet manifolds and such like?
stevebubs

posted on 20/6/05 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
webers should be coming back down now. It's rumoured the factory has started production again under new ownership.
mookaloid

posted on 20/6/05 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
I believe that bike carbs can give better power than standard setups on car engines.

They will probably not give better power than say twin 40/45's but are apparently more usable as they give smooth running throughout the rev range, and will give a much more reliable tickover etc.

I am considering changing to them myself as my car is difficult at low speeds, and small throttle openings. It regularly dies when approaching a junctions and bogs when below 3000 rpm.

3-7000 rpm is awesome though!

They don't fit a regular manifold but these can be fabricated quite easily, I am led to believe.

Cheers

Mark

flak monkey

posted on 21/6/05 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
webers should be coming back down now. It's rumoured the factory has started production again under new ownership.

Webcon have had an alternative to the DCOE since they stopped production. IIRC its called the DCOW and uses all the DCOE jets etc. Not sure what the difference is tbh.

If they have once again started producing DCOE's then thats excellent news!

BTW an alternative would be dellorto DHLA carbs. They are rumored to give better power than Webers as they are more tuneable (more jet sizes etc) yet often cost considerably less than a pair of DCOE's. Though you have to be careful that you get a certain type i think, as some fitted to Alfas etc arent easily rejetted or somthing.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

big_wasa

posted on 21/6/05 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ive not had mine running yet .But I can recomend Bogg Bro,s for the bike carb conversion work.You can send them carbs or they can find them for you .They do like the R1's as they have plenty of experiance with them..As said power is ment to be on a par with the twin 40's but they come into there own with the drivability of them..Being jap they are well designed and made...
For the price they cost me I doubt you will find a weber set up on a manifold with new air filters ,let alone striped cleaned and set up to the point ,the guy recons the only adjusment that will be needed is to balance them....And to plug them again..cracking service .....

Has enbody else used Stephen at Bogg Bro's ..And have you had them running yet I would love to know your findings...???

mookaloid

posted on 21/6/05 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
A visit to Boggs is high on my list of priorities as soon as I can get some time to go.

Cheers

Mark

stevebubs

posted on 21/6/05 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs

Webcon have had an alternative to the DCOE since they stopped production. IIRC its called the DCOW and uses all the DCOE jets etc. Not sure what the difference is tbh.

If they have once again started producing DCOE's then thats excellent news!

BTW an alternative would be dellorto DHLA carbs. They are rumored to give better power than Webers as they are more tuneable (more jet sizes etc) yet often cost considerably less than a pair of DCOE's. Though you have to be careful that you get a certain type i think, as some fitted to Alfas etc arent easily rejetted or somthing.

David

I'm guessing it's Webcon that have bought the production lines from Weber.

For Dellorto advice, the best place to ring is Eurocarb in Reading - they're the sole UK importer for parts now.

Stephen

[Edited on 21/6/05 by stevebubs]

MustangSix

posted on 22/6/05 at 02:19 AM Reply With Quote
Mikunis Rule!

Insert Evil Laugh Here.....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.