Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Radiator ?
Berracvh

posted on 26/6/05 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Radiator ?

Im confused , was planing to use the car radiator for my cbr1000.
Using the thermostat housing from the bike .
But in the Haynes book the bikes radiator has 3 hooses : 1 top 1 bottom and 1 in the middle.
What to do : block the hose to the middle. or get a T connection for the topp and middle hose , or what.

Johan
Cbr1000f locost soon

ChrisGamlin

posted on 26/6/05 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
You shouldnt block any hose as the water will then stop flowing in certain parts of your engine (not good!).

You need to work out if the middle pipe is flowing water into or out of the radiator, and then from that you can work out whether to T it into the top (hot water going in) or the bottom hose (cold water coming out). Id say most likely it will need T-ing into the top hose as its likely to be hot water coming out of the engine needing to go into the rad, but Ive never seen a CBR1000 plumbing so only guessing.

Hellfire

posted on 27/6/05 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
IIRC the ZX12R has a similar setup... the middle pipe goes OUT to surround the oil cooler the lower one goes OUT to the engine.

Due to the size of the Micra Rad we "Teed" the OUTPUT from the radiator one lead into the oil cooler surround.

HTH

Kissy

posted on 28/6/05 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
I used the bike rad (CBR1000) for my intallation. Seems to work fine so far, but I have not given it a prolonged thrashing yet!. Only two pipes, one bottom left other top right. Mounted the thermostat housing relatively high. Be aware you will probably have to bleed the system (I put in some small screws for this). If you need pics just shout.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.