New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: having problems with u2u again
marc n

posted on 27/6/05 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
having problems with u2u again

help !!!!!

i click on the bit in the header that says ive got u2u

the screen starts flickering and then nothing happens had this before

ive deleted all cookies, temporary internet files etc and restarted my computer and still nothing

any sugesstions greatly recieved

best regards

marc

also unable to get into some parts of the forum, click the links and nothing happens ?????????????

[Edited on 27/6/05 by marc n]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 27/6/05 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
I'm having no problems. Sorry that's not much help!
marc n

posted on 27/6/05 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
thats a start looking like my computer then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mookaloid

posted on 27/6/05 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
I can pop in and have a look if you like, I have had some success with problems like this in the past

Did you get my emails earlier?

Cheers

Mark

marc n

posted on 27/6/05 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
just going to go through emails after my virus scan and hard drive defragment etc, trying everything here, some emails i click on i have the same problem !!!!

i hate computers or is it computers hate me

Fozzie

posted on 27/6/05 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Marc, could be totally wrong, but might be worth a try. Clear some of your 'old' u2u's. It might be that there is a limit to how many you can have (disk space). Also, might be the problem with your emails. Some ISP's have a limit on storage, if you keep emails at your ISP's (server) end. I have found this in the past when an email with a large attachment has been sent its taken me over my 'personal' limit at the 'server' end. Could be totally wrong, so try deleting a few old u2u's first and see if that does the trick!

HTH Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Hellfire

posted on 27/6/05 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
I go through our old U2U's both sent and received on a regular basis deleting files usually more than 4 months old - uless they are particularly relevant. I think keeping your own house in order first reduces the chance of problems later.

marc n

posted on 27/6/05 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
cheers everyone

would try and delete some u2u but cant get in to do it !!!

Fozzie

posted on 27/6/05 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Drop ChrisW a line, and explain what's going on, he will fix it!
Fozzie

ChrisW

posted on 27/6/05 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Marc

It sounds like you've got some kind of pop-up blocker installed. Windows XP service pack 2 contains one, but unless you have specifically denied pop-ups from Locostbuilders it should give you the option every time you click the u2u button.

You could go direct to this link, but it's not ideal. As it would normally appear in a pop-up there is no link back to the site.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/u2u.php

Chris

Richard Y

posted on 27/6/05 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
lol ill let you off for not replying to my u2u then

marc n

posted on 27/6/05 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

You could go direct to this link, but it's not ideal. As it would normally appear in a pop-up there is no link back to the site.

it wont even let me do that for some reason ????

all i get is this

marc n

posted on 27/6/05 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
[img]C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\error[/img]
marc n

posted on 27/6/05 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
cant seem to upload pics either

the button that is normally at the bottom for attaching pics has gone

ive done a virus check and nothing came up removed all popup blockers, deleted temporary internet files and cookies

marc n

posted on 27/6/05 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
just tried again then i see the correct screen for a second with all the u2u on then it goes to page not found or unavailable !!!
marc n

posted on 27/6/05 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
cant seem to acess some of the topics either i press on the topic and nothing happens

looking like a trip to pc world with my wallet then

Dillinger1977

posted on 27/6/05 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
before buying a new pc, it might be worth reinstalling windows.
do a backup of your important data first before you wipe it though!

if you get desperate give me a shout. I could pop over on a weekend and sort it out.

-Rog

nicksertis

posted on 27/6/05 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Try this, its a diagnostic tool we have on our website, to help find out if popups arent working

http://www.course-source.net/support/diagnose.asp

Give it a go, it will tell you at least if popups are being blocked for sure.

ATB,
Nick

[Edited on 27/6/05 by nicksertis]

marc n

posted on 27/6/05 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
working now thanks chaps

web stream accelerator was cocking it all up so now disabled

richardR1

posted on 27/6/05 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Did you get my U2U - only just read this thread and didn't realise you have been having problems
Fozzie

posted on 27/6/05 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
working now thanks chaps

web stream accelerator was cocking it all up so now disabled

Brilliant! (that its working).....

Fozzie

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.