Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ride heights
want2race

posted on 30/6/05 at 02:52 AM Reply With Quote
Ride heights

While I have the car as it is I might as well ask about ride heights..

Right now my car sits 5 inches off of the ground and the oil panb had 3 inches of clearance.

Is that an issue? Its going to be mostly race only but occasional street. The oil pan may one day be trimmed to fit within the chassis rails.

Thanks
~Jonathan

Jon Ison

posted on 30/6/05 at 05:43 AM Reply With Quote
if your gonna race it then get it down too the min ride height allowed which will more than likely mean getting rid of the 2"of sump too allow the rest too come down.

Alez

posted on 30/6/05 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Same problem here.. but for the road

I have an ST chopped sump in my Fireblade, used to have some headless drain bolt but I had to remove it for changing the oil, when I did so I noticed it had some sealant, teflon I guess? not sure, I didn't like the system very much overall so I replaced that with the original bolt-washer. But now it's too low and I'm thinking putting back the old special bolt. What do you think about this modified bolts? Without a head and with a slot so you can use a screwdriver. Is that good? How about the sealant? What is it? Won't it contaminate my oil? The good thing about the original bolt is that it somehow protects my sump..

Cheers,

Alex

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.