Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Small Fuel Pump
Mix

posted on 9/7/05 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Small Fuel Pump

Hi Again

I've bitten the bullet and ordered my fuel injection system
I was looking on E bay and there are a lot of injection fuel pumps offered. Does any one know of a small external one as it's difficult to gauge size from the photos.

Thanks Mick

theconrodkid

posted on 9/7/05 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
i think the astra/cavalier one is the smallest

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

NS Dev

posted on 9/7/05 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
that's certainly the one that I normally use.........one little thing that I discovered recently is that some (and I don't know which years) of the earlier Peugeot 405 petrol injection models used a Bosch pump nearly identical to the astra/cav type one, but the Pug one has the big plus of an internal strainer built in to the pump inlet (you can't see it from the outside, but if you look down the pump inlet you can see it in there).

The later Pugs had in tank pumps so are no good.

Just a thought (as I seized a pump on my grasser earllier this year which lost me a race) as it saves the need for a separate prefilter or a perfectly clean tank!

MikeR

posted on 9/7/05 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
but surely a pre-filter is a good idea as you can change that easily enough when it gets dirty.
NS Dev

posted on 9/7/05 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
it is I suppose, but they are not easy to come by, and to be honest, they never get dirty unless the tank has corroded internally or had dirt dropped into it. The prefilter just stops those one or two tiny metal fragments (like a speck of MIG splatter in my case!) from seizing the pump.

Certainly no bad thing to have a prefilter, I'm just trying to minimise the number of components on the car as usual!

MilesE

posted on 10/7/05 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
The external Calibra pump is 170mm long, tail to tail, 135mm showing once fuel pipes are mounted (ie the tails combined are 35mm), with 8 and 12mm tails.

I'm pretty sure the Calibra and Cavalier pumps will be the same. Be aware that the plastic pumps are from spi engines and flow a lot less.

IIRC the external pump fitted to the Nova GSi/GTE/SRi was smaller.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.