Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: guages ? whats your fav?
Richard Y

posted on 10/7/05 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
guages ? whats your fav?

so which gauges do you have ???

where have you got it from ?

i need a price on a set ive seen one in a westfield i think they called it a stack dash ? looked like a normal round dial but recorded his 0 - 60 time 0 - 100 etc ! would prefer the main dial to be like that even if i have to pay a little etc

where can i get a good one like that preferable with others to match hehe

MilesE

posted on 10/7/05 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Stack dashes are expensive, a cheap alternative can be to get one from a VX220. Should fit into kit cars ok, I've seen them in Nova's.
stevebubs

posted on 10/7/05 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MilesE
Stack dashes are expensive, a cheap alternative can be to get one from a VX220. Should fit into kit cars ok, I've seen them in Nova's.

AIUI, Series 1 Elise dashes can also be used with little modification

S

stevebubs

posted on 10/7/05 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
If you do buy a stack, then auxiliary gauges to match can be had from www.greengauges.com. Slightly closer match than the ETB ones.

Although (TBH) I prefer the look of ETB gauges to CAI/Greengauges.....

Ben Smith

posted on 11/7/05 at 12:15 AM Reply With Quote
Looking to put Mychron Dash in new car and mount it on the steering wheel (not very locost I now).
Has anyone looked at the new F1 style all in one dash and steering wheel on the ETB web site called the DIGIDASH SS. Very expensive!

Ben.

DarrenW

posted on 11/7/05 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
I looked at loads of options on dashes before settling for ETB DD2. The Stack units are very nice, i did a search on ebay and turned up a couple of Elise digidashes that looked very similar to teh Stack 8100 series, i believe these are also identical to VX220 dashes. They werent a lot of money but you will need wiring and senders etc that may take some research.
A lot of the bike replacement digidashes look a bit cheap imho. None of them have everything you will need so there is always another gauge to add. The Acewell units from Banditmania looked about the best of the 'others'.
Iam really impressed with the DD2. It seems to have everything i need in one small unit - only switches to add.

Its all down to personal preference and budget. Keep your eyes peeled on the ETB website. They are launching a DD2 Lite soon - afaik they have stripped out the race functions to make it more for road use, and cheaper as well (approx 395 + vat). The SS looks well, is pricey but still a lot cheaper than eqivalent stack unit.

Richard Y

posted on 11/7/05 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for the replys

all looks very expensive lol think i might have to get a mate to sit in the car with a stop watch lol might be cheaper!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.