Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Modified rocker cover
Ben Graber

posted on 11/7/05 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Modified rocker cover

Bit of a hammered subject i know but i've finished my first engine mod today so i have to show some people who will show more interest than the wife!! Rescued attachment before and after.JPG
Rescued attachment before and after.JPG

pajsh

posted on 11/7/05 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
I know just what you mean!

Very nice and an inspiration for my 2.0l when I drop it in.

Present 1.6 was done by somebody else an I am not happy with it.

Danozeman

posted on 11/7/05 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Nice job mate. I know what u mean about the wife. Mine dont give a turd. Hopefully she will when its on the road, but then i would imagine she will moan cos her hair gets blown about.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

Mark Allanson

posted on 11/7/05 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one Ben, I think I will have to get up and see your car some time, not too far away

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Ben Graber

posted on 12/7/05 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers guy's. Mark, If you give me a few weeks to get my head around what i've got and what i need to do i would appreciate you looking over my car and giving me some pointers. As you say it's not to far and there will be a nice cup of tea waiting for you!
DarrenW

posted on 13/7/05 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Nicely done. Luckily i didnt have to do mine as the engine sits well back in the engine bay.

I painted my cover with plastikote chrome spray. Looks really nice - not exactly chrome but very bright silver. I hope it lasts when it gets hot!

Im quite lucky as my wife sometimes takes an interest in what im doing, especially the £££ signs!! lol. She let me buy a DD2 and carbon dash for doing her decorating. She wants the car to look nice eventually and was suggesting getting it trimmed out in cream hide with nice piping!!!! She's even up for me putting nice exhaust on it (the car not the seats!!).

Peteff

posted on 13/7/05 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
for doing her decorating

Don't you live together ?. I don't understand the need for trading favours or seeking approval for things you need. If I can't make it I have to buy it. We share stuff and jobs and help each other when we can with our hobbies.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

DarrenW

posted on 13/7/05 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
LOL

I see what you mean - i actually did OUR decorating - its just that she thought of that little task and i saw benefit in doing the work instead of paying a decorator. She has her hands full keeping the kids out of the paint so it was a team effort. She actually wanted to move house recently which would have meant me going from 29' x 13' garage to new build single, shes changed her mind so iam very enthusistic about making it nicer.

Its not about trading favours, more about us both getting what we want and being happy. I have no complaints - quite the opposite really.

Peteff

posted on 13/7/05 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
That sounds so much nicer . I understand the kids bit as we have grandkids who like to help, I'll be glad if they are as enthusiastic when they get older so I can set them on and leave them to it .

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

grusks

posted on 13/7/05 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Just being modifing mine aswel.
Tango Orange to match the bodywork.

Need More Money

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.