Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA Paperwork/Non Q reg
BahnStormer

posted on 19/7/05 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
SVA Paperwork/Non Q reg

What paperwork do I need to avoid a Q-Reg, and what paperwork is require for the SVA ?

Cheers,

Rob

MAB

posted on 19/7/05 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Rob - re your question on non-Q - if you search the archives for non-Q I'm sure you will come across many threads on this from the past - however to answer your question you need a V5 for the donor vehicle registered in your name. This is then used along with your sva certificate and all other receipts at your local DVLA office.

I simply obtained log book, - sent to DVLA and registered in my name. Ensured the vehicle was declared SORN.

When I'd passed the SVA - took my mac1 certificate to Beverley DVLA office along with V5, main receipts for engine and chasis. Gave this to the chap who inspected my vehicle there. Told him that as many parts from donor were used eg, steering, uprights, propshaft etc etc - and asked him if it qualified for age related. - and he said yes.....quite simple really and this was a BEC.

Re your question on paperwork required for the SVA. - Just call the DVLA in Swansea who will send you the necessary forms to complete and return.

Try 0870 240 0010 - although you may need to press a few 1''s 2's and 3's et to get to the right person.

Regards,

Mark.

DarrenW

posted on 19/7/05 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Rob,

Try doing a search. Someone recently posted a comprehensive paperwork and methods list to help people. It was very comprehensive.

alternatively you could try the guy who advertises in the mags and parts with £35 for the pleasure. Some people have shunned this route (on non-locost grounds) but if you defo dont want a Q this guy seems to be able to work it out so that you can more confidently avoid it.

MikeR

posted on 19/7/05 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Be careful phoning swansea - they are telephone monkeys.

I phoned up with a very similar question - basically i want to keep the V5 document but lose my car shell.........

they had my phone the local police, the police had me phone swansea, who then organised for me to talk to someone to who would organise for my local DVLA to contact me and as they where not sure what i was asking also gave me the details for the gov. vehicle policy department............

grrr, local dvla sorted me out in the end.

pajsh

posted on 24/7/05 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Whatever you do don't send the V5 to Swansea!

The guy who started the car I'm finishing did that as they told him he only needed the VIN plate.

I'm trying to find out the original reg and get a V5 for the donor but having a hard time. Swansea said they couldn't identify a car reg from the VIN plate alone.

He gave me the VIN plate but I can't prove the engine came from that car.

I'm not too worried about a Q but It's the engine age for emssions that I need. I've also tried Ford but not much joy yet. The markings on the engine block are very poor.

JoelP

posted on 24/7/05 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
I phoned up with a very similar question - basically i want to keep the V5 document but lose my car shell.........

Its not too hard this one, in my experience anyway I have several times scrapped the shell and kept the V5, the scrapman was never bothered. I also kept the vin plate just in case he tried to register it scrapped. No trouble yet!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

pajsh

posted on 24/7/05 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
As I said key is keeping the V5.

Doh!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.