Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: CAD-ing Pedal Box....
RebelGT

posted on 12/8/05 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
CAD-ing Pedal Box....

so I'm killing time at work so I decided to CAD out my pedal box today, and try and figure out what I'm trying to achieve here. I already decided after looking at this model I'm going to mount the hole assembly (master cylinders and all) on a moveable deck so I can adjust the pedal distance. Any other features I could work into this design?

Peteff

posted on 12/8/05 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
The middle pedal needs to hinge at the top to push on the master cylinder, unless you are going to mount it backwards.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

RebelGT

posted on 12/8/05 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, i'm going to reverse mount all 3 MC's to make it easy.
Dale

posted on 12/8/05 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Curious on how high your foot plates will be from the chassis floor. (working on that part myself). I was going to go this route myself untill I desided it was easier to get my wife a booster seat. I was going to use the upper plate in a groove and heavy spring loaded tapered pins to lock in place at a series of holes in the edge brackets.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

RebelGT

posted on 12/8/05 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
my pedals are roughly 5" inches off of the floor, I have big feet, so its probally best to measure your foot and put that into the cad like I did, height and width.
Hellfire

posted on 13/8/05 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
How about mounting a brake switch up there (obviously for the brake sender) better than the pressure devices most of us use IMHO. A lot of people tend to drive very close to the derrere just to get a better look, in which case a simple depress of the brake will ward them off. Obviously the pressure device would have to be operational to switch by which time he cold be sat in your boot!

jack trolley

posted on 13/8/05 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Check the Tilton and AP Racing websites for drawings of their pedal sets.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.