Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any Nero Experts out there.... burning DVD's
VinceGledhill

posted on 6/9/05 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Any Nero Experts out there.... burning DVD's

Hi People.

I've just got a new DVD writer and Nero Burning rom version 6.

I've got some .mpg and .avi movies on my computer which are split up into seperate CD sized bits. Is there any way of burning them onto a DVD in DVD format so that the PS2 will play them (don't have a DVD player as such) and it only plays DVD's in the DVD format.

Any ideas?

When I got to burn a new DVD in nero it starts up with two folders
audio_ts
video_ts

What's all that about?

Regards
Vince Gledhill
Time Served Auto Electrician
Lucas Leeds 1979-1983

simonH

posted on 6/9/05 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
DVD Authoring

You need to use a piecce of software to first author the files to the DVD format. there are lots to choose from. you can not just burn the files to DVD and then play as DVD. i use pinnacle studio9 came free with a USB2 video capture box and seems to work very well

[Edited on 6/9/2005 by simonH]

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

Richard Y

posted on 6/9/05 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
i use dvd santa for the encode then dvd auther for the menu creation and then nero to burn umm

need a good 10gigs free for it all though

only started recently but im getting good results

Hellfire

posted on 6/9/05 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
I use DVD Santa too... will convert .avi straight to a burnt DVD. I find Nero too difficult to work with for DVD's unless you have all of the .vob files and stuff. I have started to use VCD's lately as they are not too temperamental which player they are in and quality is only an issue if you get a ripped copy which most downloaded films aren't (they are screeners).

VinceGledhill

posted on 6/9/05 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. I'm grabbing santa right now. I'll let you know how I get on. BTW Hellfire. Did you get sorted with DC++? Got to grips?

Regards
Vince Gledhill
Lucas Leeds 1979-1983

Hellfire

posted on 6/9/05 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VinceGledhill
Thanks guys. I'm grabbing santa right now. I'll let you know how I get on. BTW Hellfire. Did you get sorted with DC++? Got to grips?

DC++Yeah - been on a while and getting files from all over. Trouble is it is only P2P... I've been speaking to a few of the hub owners and even they say that certain files are best to use torrents and it is multi-leeching... I've not found a really good hub yet that regularly on for files over 1Gb. Apart from that I guess it's a very stable platform...

Hellfire

posted on 6/9/05 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
On a seperate note Vince - I'm unsure whether the PS2 will play un-regionalised DVD's. Some Players will only play DVD-R or DVD+R there is whole multitude of formats - that's why I have gone to VCD. There are a few 'very' cheap DVD players around - I got one from ASDA for £39 played most formats but not for long as it broke... just after it's warranty ran out. So I bought another - a Philips... got more formats and was £11 more. Plays mpg, DVD+-RW aswell as the rest.. it's a cracking player - got it from Big W.

VinceGledhill

posted on 6/9/05 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
It's not really multi-leeching if you are still offering your files for share. I never stop anyones connection to me.

The DVD player thing... mmm might have to invest in one of those. Got to buy a Capri 2.8 axle first though.

Regards
Vince Gledhill
Lucas Leeds 1979-1983

Peteff

posted on 6/9/05 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a ronin for £30 something a couple of years back and used a multi region hack on it. Only thing it doesn't play is divx.
Edit. We went out this afternoon shopping to Aldi and bought a dvd recorder with a 160gig hard drive. I now have to find a 14 year old to show me how to program a recording . This one does divx as well but only dvd+ format.

[Edited on 6/9/05 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Hellfire

posted on 6/9/05 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
We went out this afternoon shopping to Aldi and bought a dvd recorder with a 160gig hard drive. I now have to find a 14 year old to show me how to program a recording . This one does divx as well but only dvd+ format.

[Edited on 6/9/05 by Peteff]

How much was that Pete m8?

Peteff

posted on 6/9/05 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
£229.99. It looks like it will replace my VCR and DVD player and some of the computer as well, 200+ hours recording on the hard drive.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.