Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VOSA turnaround to get an SVA test date
Humbug

posted on 23/9/05 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
VOSA turnaround to get an SVA test date

I phoned Gillingham and they told me there is a 2-3 week wait for appointments, so I sent off my application to VOSA 2 weeks ago.

1 week ago I got an extra form from VOSA to sign to declare that it really was an amateur-built car (anyone else get that, or is it a random check?). Sent that off and still haven't heard back with a test date.

What are other people's experiences?

shortie

posted on 23/9/05 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Ring up VOSA and ask where the application is, usually they have been passed to the test centre to make an appointment and you can ring the test centre and ask them what the current state is.

I did this and she said 'Well I'm afraid I can't fit you in for a couple of days'!!! I nearly fell off my chair and explained I would need a little more time to prepare the car so booked for a months time.

Rich.

Guinness

posted on 23/9/05 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like mine. First off I phoned the test station and asked how long the waiting list was. They said if I got the form in quick about 2 weeks. I applied to VOSA, then got the form back a week later asking if it was amateur built. Filled that in and returned it.

Week later I got a call from local station asking when I'd like my test. Probably worth giving the local centre a call to be honest.

Is Gillingham where Caterham do all of their SVA's?

Mike

lenny

posted on 23/9/05 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
SVA form sent in 5 days later i had that form ,did you fit eng ,did you fit sus ,did you fit body or tick all , sent back 2days test station on phone" when do you wont your test" booked in for 7oct 8am cardiff Lenny
Humbug

posted on 23/9/05 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks

Just phoned VOSA who confirmed they had sent the application on to the test station.

Phone the test station and the person who does bookings will be there on Monday - presumably that means another 2-3 weeks from then, rather than from when I sent in the original application

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.