Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: High beam warning light
vintagebuilder

posted on 2/10/05 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
High beam warning light

Good afternoon.

Ihave just finished wiring up my Bright 6 module to pinto engine car. Problem is when the Sierra column stalk switch is in the dipped beam position the Bright 6 warning light is on. It goes out when stalk is put into high beam position. Could anyone throw any light on this problem-no pun intended!!!

Regards

David
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

JoelP

posted on 2/10/05 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
not directly related, but i just solved a similar problem late last night. My full beam was coming on perminantly with the ignition, but going off when i flashed the light! Turned out i had rewired the warning lights wrong, and one of the relays was shorting straight through the full beam light rather than the switch!

Are you intimately familiar with the sierra switch gear? Having the light switch set to dip beam merely connects an earth up, and allows the left hand switch to be earthed, hence it can select between dipped and full.

On the back of the light switch, red is a perminant live, grey sends power to the side lights (i use a relay on mine, to switch all the different circuits on together). The bn/y wire switches to earth on the dip beam setting. I couldnt work out where it was earthing to last night though, but thats only a technicality!

The indicator stalk that controls the dip/full side of things recieves an ignition switched feed. Flashing full beam uses its own perminant earth, pressing back to put them on perminantly uses the switched earth via the light switch. You need power to the headlight relays, and it is the earth that gets switched.

One problem with the warning lights is that some have switched lives, and some have switched earths. Getting them the wrong way round will cause problems obviously.

Sorry that thats all a bit general, i just felt the need to summarise the sierra light system

[Edited on 2/10/05 by JoelP]

benji106

posted on 2/10/05 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
same thing happened on my bike because i got the wires mixed up when i changed the headlight unit.

-Everything in excess-

JoelP

posted on 2/10/05 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
i believe that for the high beam warning light, it wants a live feed that is earth and switched via the left switch, either by splicing it into the br/y or the br/w wire, but i cant remember which is the dips and which is the fulls

Peteff

posted on 2/10/05 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
Brown and white earths the dip relay brown and yellow the main or vice versa(As Joel says). Swap them over at the relay end and see if it fixes it.

[Edited on 2/10/05 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.