Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Road Angel.....
IWantOne

posted on 18/10/05 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Road Angel.....

fitted and working.... got to try and keep a clean licence!!!!...... Rescued attachment 16-10-05_1815.jpg
Rescued attachment 16-10-05_1815.jpg

Andy North

posted on 18/10/05 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Is it permanent fit or can you take it off and put it back at will?
IWantOne

posted on 18/10/05 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
the road angel has a magnet in the base. i made the bracket from stainless with a steel ring for the angel to sit on. the cable just plugs into the back. its off in 2 seconds!!!
Benzine

posted on 18/10/05 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
I see you're in Lincolnshire, it's a nightmare for speed cams from where I've driven (around Sleaford, Grantham etc)

[Edited on 18/10/05 by Benzine]

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
IWantOne

posted on 18/10/05 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
NIGHTMARE.....the only road that is clear (at the minute) is Sleaford to Grantham. so guess where i go alot!!!!!!!!
IWantOne

posted on 18/10/05 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Cash Machines!!!!! Rescued attachment cams_cash.gif
Rescued attachment cams_cash.gif

raccoonradar

posted on 18/10/05 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
only one prob !
the only thing that will pick up is fixed cameras not handhelds ect, cos it has to be mounted with no obstructions in front of it.
Just a point

[Edited on 18/10/05 by raccoonradar]

IWantOne

posted on 18/10/05 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
the Road Angel i have fitted is the compact version......half the cost of the full version but does not detect the hand held camera's.
Avoneer

posted on 18/10/05 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
And anything but the GPS (the one's that won't pick up hand helds and mobiles) will be outlawed next year.

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 18/10/05 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
mores the bloody pity!
benji106

posted on 18/10/05 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
I had heard that they werent too reliable anyway(the ones that dtect handhelds and mobiles), and if they did pick them up you had a very limited time to slow down. this true or just government propaganda?

-Everything in excess-

colibriman

posted on 19/10/05 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
I have a snooper s4r - similar in price to the road angel and its meant to detect handhelds, camera vans etc...but it has never even hinted as I have approached them..
although it's good for truvello's gatso's and specs because its a GPS based unit, I don't think its any good for picking up the rest..

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
indykid

posted on 19/10/05 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
nice digital speedo though

i was gonna get a full size one when they were offered half price to staff, but came to the conclusion it would make me complacent that i'd not get caught out.
i prefer the old fashioned, eyes peeled fashion. keeps you concentrating if nothing else.

tom

Darth Blader

posted on 22/10/05 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
I've got the Snooper S4 neo on mine, which I swap between the Indy and my RX8 seems to work very well IMO, however when attached to the Indy I can't Bloody hear it over engine and induction noise!!!

Cheers

Darth

Right to Tighten....Left to Loosen

G.Man

posted on 22/10/05 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
What you really need as well is a radar/laser jammer aswell for the sneaky road traps

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Darth Blader

posted on 25/10/05 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
You mean a 'Garage door' opener

Jammers ARE illegal, "I bought it for opening the garage M'i Lud"

Right to Tighten....Left to Loosen

DEAN C.

posted on 30/10/05 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,I bought the classic Road angel earlier this year and I would not drive without one now.I drive every week through quite a few different towns and never quite know where every camera is.
As to Indykid saying you prefer to be alert then good luck,i'm reducing the chances as much as I can of incurring points.
I've just done nearly 1000 miles this week,including dring from Doncaster to Anglesey and back,four trips to Dewsbury,one trip to Halifax and Huddersfield,all full of Bl###y cameras.
The Classic that I have has a detachable laser piece so if the law is changed it can be removed,It has not beeped once I may add,and therefore is not going to be missed if the law changes.
Ps.I agree with the other comment that if the laser detector bleeps its TOO late anyway.

Dean(with Nil points,SO FAR)

Once I've finished a project why do I start another?

andyps

posted on 1/11/05 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with all that Dean says - have had my classic Road Angel for about 18 months now and when going somewhere new it is really useful, but you still have to keep your eyes open as however much you update the database the rate the scameras are breeding it may not know them all. I have passed cameras it doesn't know about within a week of updating.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

skydivepaul

posted on 2/11/05 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
I had a classic road angel for a year and it picked up all the permanant cameras great. It didnt pick up the bloody mobile camera at the bottom of the A63 going into Hull. The road goes from a 70 to a 40 but still a dual carriageway and guess where the copper had his van
3 point and sixty quid, the road angel so called laser / radar detection device did not make a sound
Got shut of it on e bay after that and just stick to the speed limit now!!!!

Apparently the "garage door opener" type jammers work well, but are bloody expensive for a good 'un.

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.