Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: engine diagnostics
jimmy_nugget

posted on 12/11/05 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
engine diagnostics

Alrite
is there software out there that i could put on my pda for engine diagnostics etc
This is for a yamaha r1 1998-99 model
Thanks
Jimmy

ChrisGamlin

posted on 12/11/05 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Unless you use a 3rd party ECU like a Megasquirt etc, there's no outputs to pick up from I dont think so there's nothing to log. As far as I know the standard ECU doesnt output any meaningful data apart from the odd signals it sends to the dash for diagnosing faults like the EXUP valve etc, and the loom doesnt have a diagnstic port like a lot of cars have (such as VAG-COM which I used on my Leon). I guess with the right connections you could get the PDA to log engine temps, RPM etc like a decent Digital dash would do, but the software would have to be custom written for the R1 or would probably need additional sensors installed. If you were going to the hassle of doing all that then you'd be better off installing a proper dash that logs it all for you properly, then download it to a laptop / PDA afterwards.

[Edited on 12/11/05 by ChrisGamlin]

tks

posted on 13/11/05 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
It will all depend on you engine loom

My vfr 98 had an connector to fit an bulb to it. with that i could enter Error mode and with big friend hayness i could easy see the problems the ecu saw...

it worked with the traditional Pulses 1sec the light means 10 and 0,3 sec means 1..

sow it was watching and counting..and looking it up in the hayness table..

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.