Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Airbag warning light - pug 306..
bigandy

posted on 26/11/05 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Airbag warning light - pug 306..

Evening all...

I was just wondering what would cause the airbag warning light to come on on my sisters pug306 diesel? Anything that can be be checked at home before going to the garage?

Cheers
Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

andy d (rizla)

posted on 26/11/05 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
a big white bag poking out of the wheel causes it to come on

sorry couldnt resist,pop it to your pug dealer(we did)and for £20 they put it on the tester and tell you the fault,then its up to you how you sort it,we got a second hand ribbon wire from a scrappy(4 pound) and bobs your uncle

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rayward

posted on 26/11/05 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
the wifes 206, had the same problem, it was the plug to the back of the steering wheel that had come off.

Ray

Ben_Copeland

posted on 26/11/05 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Check the seat belt pretensioners wiring plugs too.... Can come off / get damaged, etc.

Also if someones take battery off with ignition on, apparently makes air bag disable. Well did on my piece of crap vectra.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Ketchup

posted on 26/11/05 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Simply moving a seat that has been in the same position for a while can bring the light on, esp in french motors as the under-seat connections for the pretensioners are pants.

or the drivers squib broken, plug fallen out, etc, needs to go on diag equip either way, if only to clear the codes and put the light out!

JohnN

posted on 26/11/05 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Wiring under the seat, my wife had a 306 HDI, it had that problem a few times - seem to remember it was the passenger seat, that for 99% of the time was never used. Moving the seat disturbed wiring connectors.
steve_gus

posted on 26/11/05 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
deffo under seat wiring - my sons saxo had the same problem. The airbag light is also used to indicate lack of continuity in the seat belt tensioner wiring. Dunno why they cant fit connectors that work!

atb

steve

PS - some late model cars need the system reset if its detected a fault - try some online searching for more info

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Danozeman

posted on 27/11/05 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Usually the under seat connections.
Try this:-

Turn the ignition off. Unplug the connections under the front seats and turn the ignition on again amd wait for the light to come on. Turn it off again and give the trminals a scrape with a small screwdriver. Put them back together and turn the ignition on.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

bigandy

posted on 27/11/05 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant!

Thanks folks, I'll check the connections under the seats. Is it a case of when the connection is properly made, the light should extinguish? Or will it need to go to the dealer anyway to have any error codes reset/checked?

It's a W reg 306 by the way...

Cheers
Andy

bigandy

posted on 27/11/05 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Evening all.

I;ve checked all the connectors that I can see, and they all seem okay. The warning light is refusing to go out though, so I guess it needs to be reset by a dealer. I reckon Peugeot are on to a winner here. Build a car with loads of weird electrical faults, and then charge a fortune to turn the warning lights off when the fault is fixed!

Cheers
Andy

pbs

posted on 27/11/05 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
More than likely the connections under the passengers seat.Best to get some small tiewraps remove the seat, unclip the connection from the bottom of the seat and reroute the wiring so there is some slack in it.Reconnect the connection and use the small tiewarps to hold the connection tight together then tiewrap the wiring back inplace but leave some slack so when someone sits in the seat the defection in the seat isnt pulling the connections apart. You may need to disconnect the battery just to reset the ecu before the light will go out.

Had this on two 306s that I have owned, both repairs have lasted 3 and 4 years without any problems.

Build your own sports car for £250 my ar5e!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.