Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: getting sorn back on road
matt12

posted on 2/12/05 at 02:41 AM Reply With Quote
getting sorn back on road

im thinking of buying a car that is currently sorn, but it does have a current mot.
its a long way from my home so i would ideally like to drive it home if when i veiw it i like what i see

can i insure it that day than pop to a post office to get tax , or would it take longer because i'd have to wait for cover note to come through hence will i need to trailer it home

cheers matt

Danozeman

posted on 2/12/05 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
AS long as you have your insurance details, mot and v5 u can do it at the Post office straight away. I cant remember if u have to fill in a form or whether they do it on the computer. Either way you can put it straight on the road aslong as u have all the above.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

Kissy

posted on 2/12/05 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
You will need valid insurance, either a cover note or certificate. I used More Than for my daily transport, bought on-line and the whole pack arrived the next day - quite impressed.
Kissy

posted on 2/12/05 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry - should have made it clear - you'll need insurance as described to get tax, unless you have a very amenable p/office.
busa

posted on 2/12/05 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
It always pays, to check, the vendor may still have cover, and subject to payment may re-tax it for you as a condition of sale.
zzrpowerd-locost

posted on 2/12/05 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kissy
Sorry - should have made it clear - you'll need insurance as described to get tax, unless you have a very amenable p/office.

Offer them your services

matt12

posted on 2/12/05 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for replys

hmmm
i'll be driving down from manchester and the car is in the bottom of sussex so the car couldnt be any further away unless they pushed it off beachy head

i dont want to confirm buying it till ive seen it and obviously i only want to do journey once so looks like trailer it is.

cheers again
matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.