Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Build Manual
Daft Lad Picko

posted on 8/12/05 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Build Manual

Picked the RT+ kit up on Saturday (3/12/05) along with a host of other bits. Have managed to squeeze them all into my garage and am looking forward to the build......between buttering the missus up and changing kids shitty nappies!!!!

Marc I have sent you an e-mail to MNRSportscats@btinternet.com regarding the build manual, there seems to be a couple of versions on the go, which give different routes for the brake pipes etc.

I also have an issue with my rear calipers, details on the e-mail.

At last.....thank god my first post is over.

Cheers

Neil

There are two prices....the real one and the one you tell the wife!

smart51

posted on 8/12/05 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
I routed my brake pipes under the reverse box mounting in the tunnel. DO NOT DO THIS. IT is almost impossible to fit P clips, to bend the fuel pipe satisfactorily and to fit the prop centre bearing.

Route the wiring loom over the top of the transmission tunnel hoops if you want it to fit.

Fit the pedals to the box BEFORE fitting the aluminium panels. You'll wish you did.

Otherwise, take it easy and have fun. It does all fit together and it looks very nice when you've finished.

One last tip. Buy a dremmel.

[Edited on 8-12-2005 by smart51]

Howlor

posted on 8/12/05 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

If you need a car to crawl over I live near Howden so only 20 mins from Selby. You are very welcome to come along and take pics etc.

Steve

Daft Lad Picko

posted on 8/12/05 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers fellas, looks like I really need to think carefully about the routing of the pipes etc. Steve, may very well take you up on that offer, we can always meet at the Redbeck and chat over a greasy fry up!

Cheers

Neil

Howlor

posted on 8/12/05 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Redbeck fry up sounds good. Inly 5 mins away. I've always said that if I keep them arteries lubed then nowt else should stick!
mnr laptop

posted on 8/12/05 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
hi neil

just got back home so cant acess the mnrsportscars email till the morning, you could try sending it also to infoatmnrltd.co.uk and i might be able to get it on my laptop now

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Daft Lad Picko

posted on 8/12/05 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Sent it there last night. Give me five minutes and I will send again.

Cheers

Neil

Daft Lad Picko

posted on 8/12/05 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
It's been sent

Cheers

Neil

mnr laptop

posted on 8/12/05 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Has it got pictures in as im only on dialup at home, cause it seems to be taking ages to download the mail,

best resend again to the mnr sportscars one as i definately hadnt recieved an email as of 6pm this evening and have had 25 today

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mnr laptop

posted on 8/12/05 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
hi neil it did come through apart from pics, ignore the build manual on the web thats the old one the one on cd i gave you is the correct one

the web is currently being redesigned so will have that version removed and the one you have on disc hosted instead

best regards

marc

best regards

marc

RichieC

posted on 8/12/05 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daft Lad Picko
looking forward to the build......between buttering the missus up and changing kids shitty nappies!!!!

Ooh, that sounds familiar - mine is 6 days old so occupying just about every waking second. Rather pleased I dont yet have the kit in the garage cos I wouldnt be able to do much about it!!

Keep us up to date with the progress as I know there are a few of us following in your R1 footsteps in the next few months.

Kind Rgds

Rich

Dillinger1977

posted on 9/12/05 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
not a build manual as such, but my diary has been following the progress of my build.
its alarmingly empty over the past 3 months as ive had a lot of work issues and no cash so things have been going -ultra- slow, but it should be okay as reference for the early stuff

there is some extra stuff to go in, i need to get it updated. all the little bits ive been doing recently when i get a chance. the engine is in, the plumbing is 90% done, and an exhaust manifold arrived yesterday so thats going in soon.

then a bit ( ) of wiring and hopefully it'll be able to sing!

my diary is linked below
|
|
|
\/

-Rog

Daft Lad Picko

posted on 9/12/05 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
ignore the build manual on the web thats the old one the one on cd i gave you is the correct one

Marc, I received the 60 page, 26 stage version, which should go some way to helping me get started. More so than the 13 page and 39 page, 8 stage ones I had before!

Cheers

Neil

marc n

posted on 10/12/05 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Marc, I received the 60 page, 26 stage version, which should go some way to helping me get started. More so than the 13 page and 39 page, 8 stage ones I had before!

yep should make life easier

i blame the idiot on the computer who wrote the cd

oops that would be me then

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 10/12/05 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
your other matching caliper arrived today too
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Daft Lad Picko

posted on 10/12/05 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
your other matching caliper arrived today too

Marc,

As discussed, I will pick it up along with the remaining bits e.g. manifold, once they are ready. Just give me a ring and I will pop over a.s.a.p.

Cheers

Neil

mstepien

posted on 14/2/06 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Manual again

Hi,

This thread seems a little bit old but I hope somebody will read it. I started my build two days ago based on few sites and general locost info but a build manual would really help (to speed up the process at least). I wonder if anybody could send it to me (if it's not waaaaaay to huge) ? Or maybe it would be possible to download it from somewhere (having access to broadband connection this shouldn't be a problem).

Thanks guys.

Cheers,

Michal

mstepien

posted on 14/2/06 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
And a few photos of my love and me in the car :
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=me%20love%201.JPG
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=in%20the%20car.JPG
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=me%20driving.JPG

[Edited on 14/2/06 by mstepien]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.