Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Weird Problem
phoenix70

posted on 13/12/05 at 01:06 AM Reply With Quote
Weird Problem

Hi All,

Got a weird problem with my electrics.
I've got a PWS loom and am using a Bright6 for the warning lights, my problem is the Full beam warning light comes on when you put the dipped beam on, and off when you switch the full beam on, sounds simple, but I can't figure what I've done wrong (not to mention I'm sure I checked it when I first installed it, and it was working ok). All the other warning lights do what they should do, just the Full beam one thats wrong.
I must admit I haven't really looked too deeply into it, so it may be something stupid, but any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Scott

kango

posted on 13/12/05 at 04:43 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like you might have swopped your wires going to the headlight globes.

Yellow and White.

phoenix70

posted on 13/12/05 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kango
Sounds like you might have swopped your wires going to the headlight globes.

Yellow and White.

I don't think so, as the stalk position (sierra stalks) are correct and the lights are correct (eg push stalk forward full beam comes on, but the warning light goes out), It will even flash the full beam if you pull the stalk towards you.

rusty nuts

posted on 13/12/05 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Had the same with my loom. Think I trace it to the headlight relays , The wires from the dip switch were fitted into the wrong relay mounting. Worth a look as I know at least one other builder had the same problem? Can't remember the colour of the wires involved but easy to check out . Also had a similar problem with the indicators , just a couple of wires to change over . HTH
James

posted on 13/12/05 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Have a feeling I had the same too.

I swopped them over and it was ok.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

jos

posted on 15/12/05 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Its one of two things as far as i can see.

either youve got the wrong cables going to the lights or the relays are incorrectly wired. I found it confusing when I did mine as there are a couple of differeent types of relays and they each get wired slightly differently and I also had to bear in mind that when youre looking at the relay pins you need to invert the wiring in the block.

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

bob

posted on 15/12/05 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Same here too but worst,exactly as mentioned the relay was wired for 83bg switch gear an di was using the newer 87bg which is a switched earth not a switched live (my fault)

But

The relay (new) was faulty as was the sierra switchgear/stalk so i was having a bit of a moment in the garage

Luckily our build guru (theconrodkid) came round and in true mechanic style started tapping the relay once wired properly.

phoenix70

posted on 13/1/06 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Managed to Fix it eventually.

I had made two mistakes, firstly I had changed the wires going to the lights (i.e had the yellow as full and the white as dipped) and secondly I had wired the stalk up wrong too.

Teach me to so cocky.

Cheers Guys

Scott

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.