Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Analogue to Digital Speedo Converter
Bully570

posted on 17/12/05 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Analogue to Digital Speedo Converter

I am after feedback from you guys on the subject of Digital speedos and the best way to get the pick up to work. We have a developed a working prototype which is fitted and working on a VW beettle. Basically you put the original speedo cable in the back and the sensor pickup for the digital speedo in the other side. then you have a working digital unit without the need to make up brackets and extend wires. If there is enough interest then we will make them in large numbers and be able to sell a digital speedo and converter for under £100.
Your comment would be most helpfull

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 17/12/05 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Speedo and converter?

How much just for the converter. If you can link that up to other mainstream speedo's i think you'll be onto a winner.

A lot of people use 10 pound (push) bike speedo's for this very reason.

Bully570

posted on 17/12/05 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
I already sell a digital speedo for £70 which uses a magnet and pickup sensor, the plan is to sell the converter for a max £30.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 17/12/05 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Now you could have a lot of people interested for 30 pounds....

how big is it? I'm just wondering if it could fit directly onto the type 9 speedo cable drive to stop the hassle with the cable going round the sharp bend.

Bully570

posted on 18/12/05 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
At the moment they are around 3.5 inches in dia and an inch high, the next is going to be smaller in diameter.
paulf

posted on 18/12/05 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Dont some type 9s have an electrical sender anyway? If not it wouldnt be at all difficult to make something up with a toothed wheel and a reed switch or proximity sensor.
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Now you could have a lot of people interested for 30 pounds....

how big is it? I'm just wondering if it could fit directly onto the type 9 speedo cable drive to stop the hassle with the cable going round the sharp bend.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.