Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Jetting Bike Carbs
Kareh

posted on 17/12/05 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Jetting Bike Carbs

Does anyone know where to get jets for bike carbs, the only ones i've found are the dyna jet ones that are v expensive. The carbs are keihin from a ninja
zxrlocost

posted on 17/12/05 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
HI!

most bike places do holeshot etc

do a search on google

there about 100 quid if I recall

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Surrey Dave

posted on 17/12/05 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Here:

http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/

Main are about £5 each.............

Its a lot cheaper to buy some micro drills and drill them progressively larger........if you need to go richer

Kareh

posted on 17/12/05 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the help folks. Hmm micro drills eh, which holes need to be drilled the jets are in 2 parts. There is a sleeve whith many holes drilled through the surface into which fits a slotted jet with a hole in the middle. Maybe they all need to be drilled my knowledge of carb jets is limited, as you can probably tell.
Thanks again

Surrey Dave

posted on 17/12/05 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
The sleeve with many holes is probably the needle jet.

The jet with screwdriver slot at the bottom of this under the petrol in the float chamber is the main jet............

Kareh

posted on 18/12/05 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic. I see you've fitted a some bike carbs to your 1800 cvh which carbs did you use and what problems did you encounter?
oliwb

posted on 18/12/05 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, I'm at this stage aswell....How do you know when to drill it out and when not too?? (sorry complete novice with carbs!) Also where's the best place to get some micro drills?? I tried looking in the screwfix catalogue and had a glimpse throught the machine mart one but couldn't see anything.....Cheers Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Kareh

posted on 18/12/05 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
Oliwb-You can get micro drills from various engineering companies a set is about £20, do a search on google. I suppose if your engine is running lean then you need to drill the jets out just a guess. I'm making another inlet fanimold at the moment should be finished in the next couple of days.
Surrey Dave

posted on 19/12/05 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
You can get the drills here:

http://www.drill-service.co.uk/

£1 - £2 each

140 main jet = 1.4mm
150 main jet = 1.5mm
155 main jet = 1.55mm.........etc

although there are exceptions to this rule I believe

wment

posted on 23/12/05 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
I remember from my drag racing days with 4bbl Holly carbs that drilling jets was a controversial issue. Jets are designed to flow a specific amount. Two jets drilled to the same diameter will not flow exactly the same amount. If the drilling is done with a dull bit it could actually decrease flow and act like a smaller jet due to the raged hole.
malinovc

posted on 27/12/05 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for stealing the thread.

Does any one of you people who have R1 carbs on a 2.0 Zetec know what size main jet is best used. What do the BoggBros use?
My engine has a ported head and 273 degre cams.

Thanks!

Jan

oliwb

posted on 27/12/05 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
I would just give bogg bro's a call. That's what I did and explained what I was planning, what my engine was (1.6 pinto) and what carbs ZX7r.....They advised around a 170 as a starting point....the main jets are the same thread size as webber jets so you should be able to buy them direct to fit....Oli.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
malinovc

posted on 28/12/05 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
I was hoping I wouldn't have to call BoggBros cause I'm from Slovenia. So no info on 2.0 Zetec with R1 carb jetting from any one? It would really save me the trouble.
Thanks!

Jan

oliwb

posted on 28/12/05 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, but recon a phone call to Bogg Bro's would probably be the best bet. It's deffinately been done before....could try the westfield or catterham forums. Someone there may know....Oli.

malinovc

posted on 28/12/05 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
OK thanks, I'll try that then.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.