Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Online Poker?
greggors84

posted on 22/12/05 at 02:51 AM Reply With Quote
Online Poker?

Anyone here play Poker online?

Its really taking off at the moment, i thought there must be some people who pay on here. I'm only playing for free at the moment just for a bit of fun. Anyone else play?

Im on PartyPoker as MrGrizzler, come and say hello if your online.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

gingerprince

posted on 22/12/05 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by greggors84
Anyone here play Poker online?

Its really taking off at the moment, i thought there must be some people who pay on here. I'm only playing for free at the moment just for a bit of fun. Anyone else play?

Im on PartyPoker as MrGrizzler, come and say hello if your online.

I've played a bit. Started with the free tables on Pacific Poker, then got a free tenner on the real tables. Built it up to about 40 dollars then lost the lot

Since put 10 dollars on Ladbrokes poker (signed up as one of those iPod credit offer things). Again, made a bit then lost it.

Have put a couple more tenners on since, but am trying to be careful. A friend of a friend was on long term sick and managed to lose 4 grand online!

Good fun though, and a very different game if you play on the money tables, even the low-rollers. Nowhere near as many idiots going all-in on the first hand regardless.

Gav

posted on 22/12/05 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
I play on pacific poker, user name Tronnie (school nickname) and im doing resonablly well, started with $50 now im up to $215.
if you can, play the tornament tables as its a totally different game and much more strategic to straight money tables and you will learn a lot more imho.

[Edited on 22/12/05 by Gav]

skydivepaul

posted on 22/12/05 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
I've been thinking of having a go to see what all the hype is about. I looged onto 888.com last night but not very impressed. Which is the best site to go on for ease of playing etc as I am a poker virgin.
next stop VEGAS

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

Gav

posted on 22/12/05 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Pacific poker is the client from 888.com
its pretty good once you get used to it and their is a free play option so you can get used to the game

gingerprince

posted on 22/12/05 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gav
I play on pacific poker, user name Tronnie (school nickname) and im doing resonablly well, started with $50 now im up to $215.
if you can, play the tornament tables as its a totally different game and much more strategic to straight money tables and you will learn a lot more imho.

[Edited on 22/12/05 by Gav]

Definately tournaments, a lot more fun. On tournaments if you play well and get the chip lead then you get a significant edge, whereas on the straight money tables people can roll any amount they want. Just doesn't seem as fun.

Pacific Poker is (or was) good as well because there is (or used to be?) at least one daily free-play. Basically a 100 table (so 1000 player) tournament where the top 90 or so win cash ($5 for the 90's down to a few hundred for the top). I managed to get to about 95th once, just missed out on me fiver!

Gav

posted on 22/12/05 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah they still have the free plays, but they tend to fill up VERY quickly, never managed to get into one myself.
I was unlucky a few nights ago when i came second in a WOSP satalite entry game

dave_w11
Junior Builder

Posts 45
Registered 20/12/04

Photo Archive Go!
Building: A bookish chassis. Engine still undecided.

posted on 22/12/05 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
I've been playing some recently. I'm playing on VC Poker (name davew11). Hoping for a big win to fund the build

I prefer playing the tournements aswell. That way I can only lose the $2 buy-in I usually play. Managed to come 2nd out of 575 yesterday.... gutted it was only a $30 prizefund freeroll so I only won $5.10.

marcyboy

posted on 22/12/05 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
the two times ive played poker in the real world i came out on top...
once for shingle and once for over a monkey but
they don't like it when you take the pot and leave... luckily i'm quite scarey looking
i have played on pacific poker for free but wouldn't play for real money,
maybe if i was more affluent i would...
nearly had a kath 'n' kim moment there ..lol

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.